Why are there so many incompatible apps?

MrMLK

Oct 31, 2012
Visit site
I just got my new Tab Pro. When I went to load up my purchased apps, a bunch of apps were not installed because they were "incompatible".

Three that I was really hoping to use on the tablet were XCOM, Oil Rush, and Frozen Synapse.

The only thing I can think of is that the screen is too high a resolution. Has anyone else run into this and have they heard anything about apps being updated?

Thanks.

tex0322

Feb 2, 2014
Visit site
I've ran across a few but none that I can't live without. I really wish more would work with the multiscreen feature.

retsaw

Jul 16, 2012
Visit site
For apps that are listed as incompatible it may work if you download them on a compatible device and transfer the APK across, you can use Helium to make a backup of APKs if you aren't rooted, in my experience they usually work without issue. Though I have encountered an app where the APK from one android device wouldn't work, but would from a different device and just occasionally they really are incompatible.

Posted via Android Central App

Xingularity

Sep 12, 2011
Visit site
For apps that are listed as incompatible it may work if you download them on a compatible device and transfer the APK across, you can use Helium to make a backup of APKs if you aren't rooted, in my experience they usually work without issue. Though I have encountered an app where the APK from one android device wouldn't work, but would from a different device and just occasionally they really are incompatible.

Careful this doesn't always turn out well. Some apps install different versions from the play store depending on the API level.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress