Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Screen Saver on Galaxy Pro 12.2

After an update on my new Pro 12.2,. I now cannot get rid of an objectional Samsung ad that shows up after the default 1 minute of inactivity. Even with the lid closed on the case, it keeps running and discharging the battery. How do I get rid of this thing?? I have to turn the unit off manually.
    Any ideas??

Global Posts
    68 Global Posts

Default Re: Screen Saver on Galaxy Pro 12.2

I second that request. Santa brought me the new Note. Love it but this secreen saver is driving the house crazy. Help anyone!!!

Don't know why you both are getting this ad. I just got a automatic update and no problems so far. Wy5jb1..closing the case on this tablet does not shut it off unless you have one of those special cases that have some kind of magnet thing that activates a shut down. In one of the posts on a forum a guy was complaining that his tablet shut down when closing the case but it was found that the case was causing it.

Quote Originally Posted by w5yjb1 View Post
    After an update on my new Pro 12.2,. I now cannot get rid of an objectional Samsung ad that shows up after the default 1 minute of inactivity. Even with the lid closed on the case, it keeps running and discharging the battery. How do I get rid of this thing?? I have to turn the unit off manually.
    Any ideas??
    Is it possible you have the "Daydream" screensaver enabled? Look under Settings>Device>Display and check to see if the Daydream option is turned on. If it is, turn it off and that should hopefully fix the problem.

I've never had this issue, and Daydream was off by default when I got my tablet.