Galaxy Note Pro LCD and digitizer fused or separate?

David Wilson16

Jul 24, 2014
Visit site
Hi,

I dropped my Note Pro and the (12.2") screen is pretty badly cracked but the functionality is fine. I would like to know whether I can just replace the digitizer (which I have already ordered from China) or if this is fused to the LCD, in which case I would need to replace both presumably.

Despite enjoying this tablet, there doesn't seem to be that much information on the internet regarding maintenance so any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

GrmCrkrs

Feb 11, 2014
Visit site
I too need to know this answer.... I have the same tablet, and if its the entire assembly then I'm not going to spend $200 bucks on it. If it's just the digitizer, I'm good with spending $65

Beut

Apr 29, 2015
Visit site
Touchscreen is only around $50 but LCD and touchscreen are glued with Optically Clear Adhesive ( OCA ) film. I think your chance of breaking the LCD is 90% if using heat gun and have no prior experiences
They have special heat plate to heat up the LCD evenly and thin metal wire to separate the touchscreen and LCD. No experience you're more likely will cut or damage LCD flex cables as well as crack the LCD. Even if you can change it without damage to LCD, air bubbles between the two glasses are unavoidable without OCA film.
After one hour of labor to heat up and separate the touchscreen, this is a test to make sure the LCD is not cracked or damaged

IMG_0203.jpg

Then another one hour to remove this clue:

IMG_0033.jpg

Here is a LCD assembly with new touchscreen without OCA film. I damaged 3 LCDs to learn how to replace the touchscreen.
You can expect spending 3 to 4 hours to finish the replacement.

IMG_1554.jpg

IMG_0038.jpg

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
knowledge is power