Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Flipboard work around

I found out how to bypass flipboard on my pro 12.2. First I turn it off in application manager and selected load default version, second I went to the can flipboard screen on my home page. Third I selected menu option at the top of each panel and unchecked any magazines on each panel. Selected done and the whole page stops displaying because there is no magazine selected. Flipboard is still on my pad but at least its not coming up by accident. Just an easy work around.

Global Posts
    4,098 Global Posts
    ROM
    Phoenix 1.6 Sense 5 4.2.2

Default Re: Flipboard work around

Quote Originally Posted by Arthur62 View Post
    I found out how to bypass flipboard on my pro 12.2. First I turn it off in application manager and selected load default version, second I went to the can flipboard screen on my home page. Third I selected menu option at the top of each panel and unchecked any magazines on each panel. Selected done and the whole page stops displaying because there is no magazine selected. Flipboard is still on my pad but at least its not coming up by accident. Just an easy work around.
    You should notify the developers of what you discovered.

Sent from my HTC One XL using AC Forums mobile app
    “Knowing how to think empowers you far beyond those who know only what to think.” - Neil deGrasse Tyson

In September of 2014 comes the greatest tool to modify almost any HTC phone. Unlock bootloader, flash recovery, root, and more. Open sourced, powerful, powered by the cloud via SSL, and best of all, it's 100% free. All built by me. Get ready to rock!

3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Default Re: Flipboard work around

Thanks for the comment, I ve an old timer, started with a asian pad with 2.2 on it, then a toshiba thrive pad with ics on it then a samsung 10.1 note, and now I have this samsung pro 12.2 with jelly bean. Only rooted one pad the asian one I bought for a $100. I perfer to run stock. Been watching this site for a while and sometimes make a comment. But sometimes you just got to poke around and try different things. Always looking for a good app, like app lock and file organizer lite which alows u to make folders and add apps to it. I know there are launchers that do it but there is always a trade off.