Tab Pro 12.2 won't turn back on

john23b

Nov 29, 2014
Visit site
Hi all,

I have a Tab Pro 12.2 that I got back in late August/early September and haven't had many problems with it up until these last couple of weeks. Today, I was on my tablet and had to get up and do something for about 15 minutes. I was in the middle of watching a show on Hulu and just left the app open, as I was only going to be gone for about 15 minutes. When I got back, I tried to turn the screen back on, but it wouldn't do so. None of the buttons would work and I have no way of resetting it. This has happened about once a week for the past three weeks, but previously I have been able to turn it on within 5-10 minutes. I have never dropped it, gotten it wet, etc., and I had 60%-70% battery right before I left my tablet, so I doubt it had to do with the battery running out. If there is no solution I am probably going to return it and get my money back, but I was wondering if anybody had any tricks up their sleeve to solve the issue. Thanks.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! The next time that happens, press and hold the Power button for about 15 seconds--if the device is actually on (but the screen is blank), it should force a power off. Then power on again normally.

Deana Wright

Nov 11, 2016
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! The next time that happens, press and hold the Power button for about 15 seconds--if the device is actually on (but the screen is blank), it should force a power off. Then power on again normally.

I did everything suggested about getting my Pro12 tab 12.2 back on and still will not come on. When I plug it in, it doesn't seem to be charging either. All I did was walk away for a few minutes. I have only had it a few weeks and was loving it.

Last edited by a moderator:

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Does it matter if you plug it into a wall outlet overnight before trying to power on again? Are you able to boot into Safe Mode? verizonwireless.com/support/knowledge-base-94508/

jhal11

Jan 21, 2019
Visit site
Hi all,

I have a Tab Pro 12.2 that I got back in late August/early September and haven't had many problems with it up until these last couple of weeks. Today, I was on my tablet and had to get up and do something for about 15 minutes. I was in the middle of watching a show on Hulu and just left the app open, as I was only going to be gone for about 15 minutes. When I got back, I tried to turn the screen back on, but it wouldn't do so. None of the buttons would work and I have no way of resetting it. This has happened about once a week for the past three weeks, but previously I have been able to turn it on within 5-10 minutes. I have never dropped it, gotten it wet, etc., and I had 60%-70% battery right before I left my tablet, so I doubt it had to do with the battery running out. If there is no solution I am probably going to return it and get my money back, but I was wondering if anybody had any tricks up their sleeve to solve the issue. Thanks.

i also experience that ,,, why you just click the power button about 15 seconds ... then until the 15 second it turns back on.

Last edited by a moderator: