Won't connect to Mac Mini via USB or Bluetooth

wrek94

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
So I am trying to transfer a couple of files to my mac mini and the mac does not show that the tablet is connected via USB even though the tablet is showing that it is connected via USB 3.0 as a media device.

Additionally I tried to connect via bluetooth. After pairing when I click on the mac min in the tablet bluetooth menu it doesn't even try to connect. it just states Mac MIni - Paired... and doesn't try to connect when I click on it.

Any suggestions?

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Paired as what? Bluetooth has many different profiles. It can be pairing as a media device.

Try running WiFi File Transfer on the phone and a web browser (any browser) on the Mac if you want to transfer files. (WiFi File Transfer will work with any device that can run a web browser - Mac, PC, mainframe, toaster oven - it doesn't care.)

wrek94

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
Paired on the samsung tablet pro as a bluetooth device. Thats all it shows under bluetooth on the tablet. When I click on the mac mini under paired devices it won't even try to connect.... it just states the same thing "paired".