Is there a stylus that does palm rejection and has a text/note app?

bigredgonzo

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site
Hand Writing with the Galaxy Tab Pro 12.2

Regrettably I opted to buy the Tab Pro 12.2 for $150 less than the Note Pro 12.2. Now I have run into a need to take some notes in the field and I can do so with a regular stylus using SNote and can actually convert them to text in SNote. It is sort of clunky, but it works. I would love to have a Bluetooth LE stylus that do the ignore palm trick and allow me to write just like on a piece of paper and end up with typewritten notes. I realize I can use the on screen keyboard, but is just not as convenient as a stylus and also it is difficult to use the keyboard while carrying the tablet. Does anyone know of a stylus that does palm rejection and has a text/note app that fits the above bill? I have searched everywhere and you could build a forest with BTE slyli for the iCrap offerings, but I seem to be missing anything for the Android Market.

I would appreciate any help.

Thank you,
BigRedGonzo

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Re: Hand Writing with the Galaxy Tab Pro 12.2

Sorry to disappoint you, but the answer is nope. And big surprise? Neither for iStuff. Yup. Those fancy styli you see ads for? Never (and I do mean NEVER) as accurate as the S-Pen (or any of the Wacom-enabled stylus, like the one for the Surface or the Bamboo).

Now, while TRUE palm rejection is built into the Note line, it's a software feature and has nothing to do with the stylus you use. The Note line, since it has two input methods (touch screen and S-Pen are two different circuits), can easily cancel one of them 'at will'. There are third party note-taking apps that support palm rejection by allowing you to define an area of the screen that will be ignored, and these work with all touch screen devices. But rest assured, unless you're using something like the S-Pen (which, again, needs special circuitry inside the device, not just the stylus), your handwriting will not be as accurate.

What I do on the Tab S is still using a cheapo-stylus with S-Note, which lets you add a magnified area for you to write into. Here you just use the stylus to jot down your notes in a 'blown out' way, and the end result in the final note is a smaller, much more smoothed out and cleaned up version of your scribblings.

Ruturaj Hagawane

Mar 19, 2015
Visit site

Sorry to disappoint you, but the answer is nope. And big surprise? Neither for iStuff. Yup. Those fancy styli you see ads for? Never (and I do mean NEVER) as accurate as the S-Pen (or any of the Wacom-enabled stylus, like the one for the Surface or the Bamboo).

Now, while TRUE palm rejection is built into the Note line, it's a software feature and has nothing to do with the stylus you use. The Note line, since it has two input methods (touch screen and S-Pen are two different circuits), can easily cancel one of them 'at will'. There are third party note-taking apps that support palm rejection by allowing you to define an area of the screen that will be ignored, and these work with all touch screen devices. But rest assured, unless you're using something like the S-Pen (which, again, needs special circuitry inside the device, not just the stylus), your handwriting will not be as accurate.

What I do on the Tab S is still using a cheapo-stylus with S-Note, which lets you add a magnified area for you to write into. Here you just use the stylus to jot down your notes in a 'blown out' way, and the end result in the final note is a smaller, much more smoothed out and cleaned up version of your scribblings.

This post helped me a lot. Thanks. I was planning to buy nexus or ipad (I like there screen ratio for reading books). But now I will go for note tablet (perhaps next one).

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site

Glad I could help! And I've used iPads, Notes and now a Tab S... I do miss the Note's S-Pen DEARLY, but the Tab S's screen is just so scrumptious I just can't wait for a Note tablet with AMOLED display.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coehlcke