Received used charges slowly and uses battery fast

benonidoni1

May 23, 2015
Visit site
I always like the maximum performance from my tablet. Of all the androids I've owned (5) this seems to use power consumption very fast. Is there a proper way to test whether the battery is functioning up to specs as I've just received the item and have 30 days to test it out.

Thanks and hope this is a nice tablet. It has gotten good reviews.

treetopsranch

Jun 13, 2014
Visit site
Exactly what are you doing to cause the battery to drain? I watch videos and Filpboard and other power draining stuff and battery lasts all day with 50% left. If in sleep mode, like when I set the alarm for overnight, the battery doesn't seem to drain at all. Did you ROOT?

benonidoni1

May 23, 2015
Visit site
No, its a refurb from the most reputable on line.(Don't want to name the company). It says I've used for 56 minutes at 76 percent left. Obviously being new there have been a lot of downloads and updates by google, amazon, Samsung. Just wondering where a person could identify if the battery wasn't up to specs or failing.

A windows laptop will notify you if the battery is failing to fast. (I know this isn't windows os)

treetopsranch

Jun 13, 2014
Visit site
Post back in a couple of days after your tablet settles down. Maybe all that downloading is draining the battery. Used for 56 minutes with 76 % left doesn't tell us much. If you don't use it the rest of the day you still should have about 76% left at end of day. Do you?

Beut

Apr 29, 2015
Visit site
benonidoni1;4444063 said:
Of all the androids I've owned (5) this seems to use power consumption very fast. Is there a proper way to test whether the battery is functioning up to specs
Normally it will drop around 20%, the same with other Samsung Tablets, expect less for smaller screen size, if you're playing youtube video or a movie in 1 hour, more or less depending on your settings, like brightness, Wifi on or off, or other applications are running in the background. Good if it drops only around 15%, 25 to 30%, you're having problems. After factory reset and you don't change anything, it should drop only around 12 % in 1 hour for playing movie.
The most likely for the new one having battery drain issue is loose or cracked battery connector, this one requires skill to inspect its solder.

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae