What is this Blue light that follows my cursor on my Note Tab Pro 12.2?

A

AC Question

Blue "light" follows my cursor Note Tab Pro 12.2

I have an Apple trackpad hooked up to my tablet. Whenever I have only a single finger on the trackpad, there is something that resembles a blue light that follows the precise movements of my cursor and it follows a short ways southeast of the cursor. Apparently I can't post a picutre of this problem as I can't post links until I've made 10 posts. So the best I can do is this. I use google drive. So if you were to go to drive dot google dot com and past this, /file/d/0B9DmsOLWwYINOW03YXJsanh3QmM/view?usp=docslist_api, you'll see what I'm talking about. Any ideas why this is happening and how I can fix it?

counciler

Aug 1, 2014
Visit site
Re: Blue "light" follows my cursor Note Tab Pro 12.2

yes, this problem is particularly bothersome. I've lived my entire life without having a blue light hover a distance away from my cursor to help me "find it." I have root, I don't know if there's any options that work for removing it.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Re: Blue "light" follows my cursor Note Tab Pro 12.2

Go to Settings>Developer Options​, and make sure Show Touches or Pointer Location aren't checked on.

counciler

Aug 1, 2014
Visit site
Both turned off already. Turning them on have different effects than what's happening. That was definitely a good guess, but alas, not a problem solver. :(

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
I wonder if this is something peculiar to the Apple peripheral. It'd be interesting to see what happens if you connect a touchpad from Logitech or some other non-Apple company.

counciler

Aug 1, 2014
Visit site
Well using the magic mouse has an actual mouse arrow appear on the screen with nothing blue following it. I'm not as big a fan of the magic mouse since I have to use a mouse pad with it. And even though it has some nifty features like "home when you press in the middle back when you press on the right", I find myself accidentally pressing the home section too often. I'll prolly have to spring for the S Mouse when I get the money. But whatevs. Thanks for the help.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tivativa