Lineage OS for Galaxy Tab Pro 8.4

udnh

Nov 17, 2015
Visit site
Was looking forward to that. Definitely planning to install this, although I haven't rooted the device yet. Let us know how it is if you have already installed.

speccy

Sep 18, 2016
Visit site
Putting this (hopefully) on a Nexus 7 from 2012 tonight. Had fun rooting it, turns out I have a flaky USB port, but on top of that Windows 10 has a hard time recognising it properly in a way that will allow me to transfer files to it. But, it's rooted now, and I have downloaded lineage and gapps directly on the tablet, so fun will be had this evening I'm sure.

udnh

Nov 17, 2015
Visit site
I installed it a few days ago and very happy with the experience. Battery life has improved vastly, device is much smoother, and notifications are finally useful. Brought back this device to life.

I didn't like lineage's launcher (trebuchet i think) so I put the google now launcher.

udnh

Nov 17, 2015
Visit site
Have you come across any issues?

Besides the whole process of rooting and installing a customer recovery, which was a bit messy, no issues. But my usage of the tablet is relatively limited (use it mostly to play music through the Bluetooth speakers and browse internet)

Edit: first random reboot
Edit 2: it seems like the tablet has difficulties charging above 90% but I'm not completely sure. The tablet has always been slow to charge for me

Last edited:

Daz2014

Jun 29, 2014
Visit site
The camera won't work on 14.1 because it's based on android 7.0 and no custom roms can get the camera to work.

I've just started using 13 nightly and I'm really impressed overall......the camera doesn't focus properly for some reason and there's no video option.I could maybe try another camera app but as I rarely use it I'll not bother.
Great rom though,I'd recommend it to any tab pro8.4 user

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
axool