Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    22,270 Global Posts
    ROM
    Liquidsmooth ROM

Default The 8.4 Tablet.

I think Samsung is trying to hit the sweet spot. I have held 8" tabs and they are a little better than the 7" ones.

2GB RAM and 16/32 GB of memory, these should last for a while.

Not to mention that the Recent apps key has been added and the Menu key deleted.

For more info: Hands-on with Samsung's Galaxy Tab Pro and Galaxy Note Pro tablets | Android Central

Phone Timeline
    'If we could change ourselves, the tendencies in the world would also change.' - Mahatma Gandhi
    Community Guidelines and also here
    Thanked by:
    Darth Spock and wizzrah like this.

Global Posts
    7,270 Global Posts
    ROM
    Assassin 'Droid

Default Re: The 8.4 Tablet.

Now just to get rid of that blasted button in the middle... we can work on the rest later

This UI does look pretty interesting, I haven't had a chance to dig in yet but hopefully we're seeing a full scale departure from the 2.3 style in favor of some kit kat love.
    Golfdriver97 likes this.

Global Posts
    8,983 Global Posts
    ROM
    Slim Kat 4.4.4

Quote Originally Posted by Golfdriver97 View Post
    I think Samsung is trying to hit the sweet spot. I have held 8" tbas and they are a little better than the 7" ones.

2GB RAM and 16/32 GB of memory, these should last for a while.

Not to mention that the Recent apps key has been added and the Menu key deleted.

For more info: Hands-on with Samsung's Galaxy Tab Pro and Galaxy Note Pro tablets | Android Central
    Hopefully this is Google pushing Samsung towards the software keys...for future phones

Posted via Android Central App
    "We live in a society exquisitely dependent on science and technology, in which hardly anyone knows anything about science and technology." - Carl Sagan
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Global Posts
    22,270 Global Posts
    ROM
    Liquidsmooth ROM

Quote Originally Posted by UJ95x View Post
    Hopefully this is Google pushing Samsung towards the software keys...for future phones

My tab 2 has soft keys.

Phone Timeline
    'If we could change ourselves, the tendencies in the world would also change.' - Mahatma Gandhi

Global Posts
    8,983 Global Posts
    ROM
    Slim Kat 4.4.4

My tab 2 has soft keys.
    I mean on-screen...software keys, not capacitive keys

"We live in a society exquisitely dependent on science and technology, in which hardly anyone knows anything about science and technology." - Carl Sagan
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

Global Posts
    22,270 Global Posts
    ROM
    Liquidsmooth ROM

I mean on-screen...software keys, not capacitive keys

Yeah. Tab 2 has software keys.

Phone Timeline

Global Posts
    8,983 Global Posts
    ROM
    Slim Kat 4.4.4

Yeah. Tab 2 has software keys.
    Really? Didn't know that...

8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #8  

Global Posts
    22,270 Global Posts
    ROM
    Liquidsmooth ROM

Really? Didn't know that...

Screenshot:

Sent from a Slim Tab 2.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails The 8.4 Tablet.-1389056202389.jpg  

Phone Timeline

Global Posts
    8,983 Global Posts
    ROM
    Slim Kat 4.4.4

Screenshot:

Sent from a Slim Tab 2.
    That's cool, hope they have it on their phones this year.

Global Posts
    7,270 Global Posts
    ROM
    Assassin 'Droid

That's cool, hope they have it on their phones this year.

This sounds like something we could bet on...

Global Posts
    8,983 Global Posts
    ROM
    Slim Kat 4.4.4

Quote Originally Posted by NothingIsTrue View Post
    This sounds like something we could bet on...
    We could bet on it...

I am interested to see what pricing will be like. This could be a huge seller for samsung and maybe a GPE? That would be sweet with those specs. Also nice to see it running KitKat out of the box. I see samsung is taking the "Pro" name serious with the specs they put into the tablets.
    Golfdriver97 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by NothingIsTrue View Post
    Now just to get rid of that blasted button in the middle... we can work on the rest later

This UI does look pretty interesting, I haven't had a chance to dig in yet but hopefully we're seeing a full scale departure from the 2.3 style in favor of some kit kat love.
    I am interested to see how the "new" touchwiz runs and if it still is a resource hog like touchwiz of old. If nothing else, at least they are moving away from the gingerbread look of old.

Global Posts
    8,983 Global Posts
    ROM
    Slim Kat 4.4.4

Quote Originally Posted by Premium1 View Post
    I am interested to see how the "new" touchwiz runs and if it still is a resource hog like touchwiz of old. If nothing else, at least they are moving away from the gingerbread look of old.
    Yeah, hopefully they trimmed it down. Even with those specs, TW can make it stutter at times :\

Google probably has little decision power on Samsung products.

On screen buttons would probably ruin the beautiful design of the new "magazine ui". My main tablet is a Microsoft Surface and after a year and more of use, I can confidently say on screen buttons would be a detriment to such a ui and other UIs that follow.

Global Posts
    7,270 Global Posts
    ROM
    Assassin 'Droid

Here's the 60 second mock-up of what it might look like without the changes to the bezel (which would be a 1,000,000% improvement).
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails The 8.4 Tablet.-mockup.jpg  

Yeah, hopefully they trimmed it down. Even with those specs, TW can make it stutter at times :\
    I agree, but those specs seem to be pushing the note 3 pretty well, although the higher res screen on the note may negate that. I guess only time and hands on will tell.

The only real issue with this tablet so far is the battery size, at only 4800mAh even the retina ipad mini has a larger battery than the 8.4 and it has a smaller lower resolution screen and dual core processor that require less power. Unless Samsung did some drastic optimization, battery life will be poor on this tablet.

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk

Global Posts
    18 Global Posts

Check out the hands on video over at droid life.... The specs on the display sheet show a 8200 mAh battery. That would be sick but I have a feeling it is a typo.

I had to return my lg g pad because the battery didn't cut it. That and some screen issues as well. Using a note 8 at the moment but was planning on returning it for a newer 8 incher. I don't really use the s pen. I was hoping this would be the one.

Quote Originally Posted by msavic6 View Post
    The only real issue with this tablet so far is the battery size, at only 4800mAh even the retina ipad mini has a larger battery than the 8.4 and it has a smaller lower resolution screen and dual core processor that require less power. Unless Samsung did some drastic optimization, battery life will be poor on this tablet.

I would have liked to see a little bit larger batter as well, that said G Pad 8.3 is a 4600mAh if I recall and people are seeing decent battery life.

Really would like to see what these will be priced at, would not be surprised to see $399 which I feel is a little steep...hoping for $349

Global Posts
    8,983 Global Posts
    ROM
    Slim Kat 4.4.4

Quote Originally Posted by tyd450 View Post
    Check out the hands on video over at droid life.... The specs on the display sheet show a 8200 mAh battery. That would be sick but I have a feeling it is a typo.

I had to return my lg g pad because the battery didn't cut it. That and some screen issues as well. Using a note 8 at the moment but was planning on returning it for a newer 8 incher. I don't really use the s pen. I was hoping this would be the one.

It is 8200 mAh. Just saw a hands on video on YouTube and they mentioned the same size battery. That's awesome
    Edit: The 10.1 has an 8,200 mAh battery, the 8.4 has a 4,800 mAh battery

Quote Originally Posted by tyd450 View Post

It is 8200 mAh. Just saw a hands on video on YouTube and they mentioned the same size battery. That's awesome

The battery in the TabPro 8.4 is 4800mAh, not 8200mAh. It has been stated on virtually every single tech site. If the 8.4 had an 8200mAh battery then you could expect the 12.2 to have a 14000mAh battery yet it only has a 9500mAh battery.

Global Posts
    8,983 Global Posts
    ROM
    Slim Kat 4.4.4

Quote Originally Posted by msavic6 View Post
    The battery in the TabPro 8.4 is 4800mAh, not 8200mAh. It has been stated on virtually every single tech site. If the 8.4 had an 8200mAh battery then you could expect the 12.2 to have a 14000mAh battery yet it only has a 9500mAh battery.

You're right, the video was a hands on of both the 8.4 and 10.1 I thought it was 8,200 for the 10.1
    But why would it have a 14,000 mAh battery?

You're right, the video was a hands on of both the 8.4 and 10.1 I thought it was 8,200 for the 10.1
    But why would it have a 14,000 mAh battery?
    Well if such a small device could hypothetically have such a large battery then it would be only logical that a much larger device (12.2) would have a much larger battery.

I just watched a hands on video by Marques Brownlee and he stated the TabPro 8.4 has a 8200mAh battery which based on my research is incorrect but he has always been a very reliable/accurate so I am at a crossroads of what to believe. If the 8.4 does indeed have such a large battery then it will surely be my next tablet.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast