The 8.4 Tablet.

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
Now just to get rid of that blasted button in the middle... we can work on the rest later ;)

This UI does look pretty interesting, I haven't had a chance to dig in yet but hopefully we're seeing a full scale departure from the 2.3 style in favor of some kit kat love.

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
I think Samsung is trying to hit the sweet spot. I have held 8" tbas and they are a little better than the 7" ones.

2GB RAM and 16/32 GB of memory, these should last for a while.

Not to mention that the Recent apps key has been added and the Menu key deleted.

For more info: Hands-on with Samsung's Galaxy Tab Pro and Galaxy Note Pro tablets | Android Central

Hopefully this is Google pushing Samsung towards the software keys...for future phones

Posted via Android Central App

Premium1

Trusted Member
Nov 7, 2011
Visit site
I am interested to see what pricing will be like. This could be a huge seller for samsung and maybe a GPE? That would be sweet with those specs. Also nice to see it running KitKat out of the box. I see samsung is taking the "Pro" name serious with the specs they put into the tablets.

Premium1

Trusted Member
Nov 7, 2011
Visit site
Now just to get rid of that blasted button in the middle... we can work on the rest later ;)

This UI does look pretty interesting, I haven't had a chance to dig in yet but hopefully we're seeing a full scale departure from the 2.3 style in favor of some kit kat love.

I am interested to see how the "new" touchwiz runs and if it still is a resource hog like touchwiz of old. If nothing else, at least they are moving away from the gingerbread look of old.

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
I am interested to see how the "new" touchwiz runs and if it still is a resource hog like touchwiz of old. If nothing else, at least they are moving away from the gingerbread look of old.
Yeah, hopefully they trimmed it down. Even with those specs, TW can make it stutter at times :\

BKBayemi

Mar 15, 2013
Visit site
On screen buttons would probably ruin the beautiful design of the new "magazine ui". My main tablet is a Microsoft Surface and after a year and more of use, I can confidently say on screen buttons would be a detriment to such a ui and other UIs that follow.

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
Here's the 60 second mock-up of what it might look like without the changes to the bezel (which would be a 1,000,000% improvement).

Attachments

• mockup.jpg
    mockup.jpg
    147.2 KB · Views: 52

Premium1

Trusted Member
Nov 7, 2011
Visit site
Yeah, hopefully they trimmed it down. Even with those specs, TW can make it stutter at times :\

I agree, but those specs seem to be pushing the note 3 pretty well, although the higher res screen on the note may negate that. I guess only time and hands on will tell.

msavic6

Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
The only real issue with this tablet so far is the battery size, at only 4800mAh even the retina ipad mini has a larger battery than the 8.4 and it has a smaller lower resolution screen and dual core processor that require less power. Unless Samsung did some drastic optimization, battery life will be poor on this tablet.

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk

tyd450

Dec 13, 2011
Visit site
Check out the hands on video over at droid life.... The specs on the display sheet show a 8200 mAh battery. That would be sick but I have a feeling it is a typo.

I had to return my lg g pad because the battery didn't cut it. That and some screen issues as well. Using a note 8 at the moment but was planning on returning it for a newer 8 incher. I don't really use the s pen. I was hoping this would be the one.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
andrewsmith