Galaxy Tab Pro 8.4: Cases?

debonu

Jun 24, 2011
Visit site
Re: Cases?

I ordered a couple cases off of Amazon to check out until the big names start releasing cases for the 8.4.

Ordered this one last week: Ionic Stand Leather Case For Samsung Galaxy Tab Pro 8.4 TabPro 8.4 (Black) - And should have it end of this week maybe.

Then ordered this one Sunday and with Prime it should be here tomorrow: LK X Design Slim TPU Gel Rubber Soft Skin Case Cover for Samsung Galaxy Tab Pro 8.4 T320 & Free Stylus Pen + Screen Protector

I'll post updates as they come in.

-D

DanPLC

May 25, 2011
Visit site

I've ordered the Aerb? X Pro Series Samsung Galaxy Tab Pro 8.4 Leather Case. It's only available in black right now (not my first choice in color), but it's available with Amazon Prime shipping, so I'm going to give it a try. I'll post a review here after it arrives.

Just got the case in today. I really like it. It's very solid in the hand and adds little thickness/bulk to the tablet. The tablet fits snugly; however the first time I clicked it in, the left edge didn't quite fit in. I had to reseat it and click the left side in first, then it fit perfectly.

The magnet keeps the lid closed well and the auto wake/sleep function works perfectly.

The case also works well as a stand. However I don't think the stand (i.e. folded-up cover) connects to the tablet magnetically. But it's still very solid and doesn't tip over, so no biggie.

debonu

Jun 24, 2011
Visit site
I got the TPU case yesterday. It's ok. Typical TPU case. Doesn't add any bulk, and does feel pretty good in hand. Actually it feels like it won't slip out of my hand now.

I will say that they need to work on their quality management a little. The case is just a smidge off. One side doesn't want to pop fully into place. Another review on Amazon stated theirs was too big. Apparently they got the extra bit that mine is lacking! ;)

All in all as a cheap interim case I'm pretty happy.

Sent from my SM-T320 using Tapatalk

IagoParrot

Mar 6, 2014
Visit site

Just got the case in today. I really like it. It's very solid in the hand and adds little thickness/bulk to the tablet. The tablet fits snugly; however the first time I clicked it in, the left edge didn't quite fit in. I had to reseat it and click the left side in first, then it fit perfectly.

The magnet keeps the lid closed well and the auto wake/sleep function works perfectly.

The case also works well as a stand. However I don't think the stand (i.e. folded-up cover) connects to the tablet magnetically. But it's still very solid and doesn't tip over, so no biggie.

Does this case allow use of the IR port?

Sent from my XT1055 using Tapatalk

Wobblin30

May 20, 2011
Visit site

Good to know, I bought a similar smart cover for my Nexus 7 and it was creaky to the point where it returned to Amazon.

DanPLC

May 25, 2011
Visit site
That Aerb sure looks decent, especially at the same price. I cant seem to find it on the CDN amazon but i did find this;
http://www.amazon.ca/Smart-Samsung-...hawk-future-ca-20&ascsubtag=UUacUvbUpU3501022

Looks pretty much the same thing.

Yes, that looks similar. Before the Aerb hit Amazon Prime, I looked at that one. I contacted the seller and they said it would take 15-18 days to arrive (to the U.S.). That was too long for me. Luckily the Aerb hit Prime and I got it in 2 days.

cloudy71

Jan 31, 2012
Visit site
Yes, that looks similar. Before the Aerb hit Amazon Prime, I looked at that one. I contacted the seller and they said it would take 15-18 days to arrive (to the U.S.). That was too long for me. Luckily the Aerb hit Prime and I got it in 2 days.

I bought the Samsung book cover, it's not as beefy as the 3rd party ones but they look really good and they don't add any thickness, plus it's a smart cover

Sent from the Galaxy TabPro 8.4 aboard the StarShip Enterprise

Pokaroo

Mar 9, 2014
Visit site
I bought the Samsung book cover, it's not as beefy as the 3rd party ones but they look really good and they don't add any thickness, plus it's a smart cover

This is the one i want to get as well, but it appears that they dont ship to Canada (cant select via order form) nor does the CDN website have any info. Heck, the CDN website has zero info about these new tablets... ugh.

cloudy71

Jan 31, 2012
Visit site
This is the one i want to get as well, but it appears that they dont ship to Canada (cant select via order form) nor does the CDN website have any info. Heck, the CDN website has zero info about these new tablets... ugh.

Hmm, I got mine from bestbuy, they had to order it and it shipped to me. have you tried there? If not check and see if they ship there, you should call them.

kalo88

Jun 20, 2013
Visit site

ive been waiting since last thursday for my perks, this is what i was told today...

Galaxy Perks Support 1
8:34 AM (6 hours ago)

to me
Hello Daniel,

I apologize as I do not have an update on this yet. I have sent this to our reporting department to find out what happened. As soon as I have any information I will let you know. If you have any questions or concerns about your Perks please let me know.

Sincerely,

Rose H. | Samsung Electronics America | Galaxy Perks Coordinator

At least you guys in the US get perks, the rest of us get nothing :(

Posted via Android Central App

Pokaroo

Mar 9, 2014
Visit site
Hmm, I got mine from bestbuy, they had to order it and it shipped to me. have you tried there? If not check and see if they ship there, you should call them.

Canadian Bestbuy? Cant see anything on their site for the 8.4, just stuff for all their older stuff. The only CDN site i can find is from NCIX, which it says "back ordered - NA". Frustrating, launching accessories, in quantity, at the same time as the product should be essential :(

angry english

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
Yeah.... I only just today got the perks today, been waiting since Feb 14th, don't even own the tab anymore lol

Posted via Android Central App

GSOgymrat

Mar 25, 2014
Visit site

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pauloxcavalcante