Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Galaxy Tab Pro 8.4: Cases?

Are there any cases available for purchase/pre-order yet? The only one I've found is the official Samsung book case, but they don't show any retailers selling it.

Default Re: Cases?

I haven't seen any on Amazon yet.

Global Posts
    670 Global Posts

Samsung is now selling the book cover directly from Samsung's website.
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Quote Originally Posted by dwd3885 View Post
    Samsung is now selling the book cover directly from Samsung's website.
    Yeah I picked up a white one. They say it should ship in 1-3 days.
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Well Samsung just emailed me saying the case is backordered, even though it was "in stock" when I ordered it. :-(

Quote Originally Posted by DanPLC View Post
    Well Samsung just emailed me saying the case is backordered, even though it was "in stock" when I ordered it. :-(
    That just plain sucks!
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

After I got the "backordered" email I went online and indeed it showed the item as "backordered". But then yesterday I went online and the item showed "1-3 day shipping" again. So I checked the online order status and it said "boxed shipment" which seemed to imply that mine was being prepped for shipping. I just called customer service and she thinks that's probably true and it'll probably go out next week.

However it is a bit distressing that she couldn't tell me definitively what the actual status of my order was. I really don't think I'll be shopping with Samsung.com again. They don't seem to have their order system in order (excuse the pun).

The whole website has problems.
  9. Thread Author  Thread Author    #9  

Quote Originally Posted by brosko View Post
    The whole website has problems.
    Definitely. When I first submitted the order, it gave me an error message after submitting the order. The order history had no record of my order, but then I finally got the order confirmation email.

Also the site sometimes errors out when you try to log in. Definitely a buggy site.

Definitely. When I first submitted the order, it gave me an error message after submitting the order. The order history had no record of my order, but then I finally got the order confirmation email.

Also the site sometimes errors out when you try to log in. Definitely a buggy site.
    Try registering (some) devices. Glad it's not only me who feels this way. I was worried I was gonna get the "what do you mean" response to that.
    you would think being the huge technology company that they are they would have a superior site when compared to most.
  11. Thread Author  Thread Author    #11  

Try registering (some) devices. Glad it's not only me who feels this way. I was worried I was gonna get the "what do you mean" response to that.
    you would think being the huge technology company that they are they would have a superior site when compared to most.
    I registered my tablet. That actually went smoothly.

I registered my tablet. That actually went smoothly.
    You either got lucky or maybe they have fixed the registration process.

I had problems with serial number recognition on several devices in the past when registering. I have also seen devices that were not even in the selection menu to register as if they didn't even exist.

overall it is (or at least used to be) a crap shoot when registering a device.

You either got lucky or maybe they have fixed the registration process.

I had problems with serial number recognition on several devices in the past when registering. I have also seen devices that were not even in the selection menu to register as if they didn't even exist.

overall it is (or at least used to be) a crap shoot when registering a device.
    ive been waiting since last thursday for my perks, this is what i was told today...

Galaxy Perks Support 1
    8:34 AM (6 hours ago)

to me
    Hello Daniel,

I apologize as I do not have an update on this yet. I have sent this to our reporting department to find out what happened. As soon as I have any information I will let you know. If you have any questions or concerns about your Perks please let me know.

Sincerely,

Rose H. | Samsung Electronics America | Galaxy Perks Coordinator
  14. Thread Author  Thread Author    #14  

Yeah the perks registration hasn't worked for me. Never got the email with the perks codes. I messaged Samsung support on Facebook and I guess they're looking into it.

The only perk I really care about is the $25 Google Play credit.

Quote Originally Posted by angry english View Post
    ive been waiting since last thursday for my perks, this is what i was told today...

Galaxy Perks Support 1
    8:34 AM (6 hours ago)

to me
    Hello Daniel,

I apologize as I do not have an update on this yet. I have sent this to our reporting department to find out what happened. As soon as I have any information I will let you know. If you have any questions or concerns about your Perks please let me know.

Sincerely,

Rose H. | Samsung Electronics America | Galaxy Perks Coordinator
    Yeah the perks registration hasn't worked for me. Never got the email with the perks codes. I messaged Samsung support on Facebook and I guess they're looking into it.

The only perk I really care about is the $25 Google Play credit.
    The ironic thing is the ONE thing that did go smoothly for me was the perks redemption process when I got my tab 3 8.0.

Filled out the info, they emailed me the perks within minutes., no problem.

I guess even thats become a big ordeal now.

Global Posts
    670 Global Posts

For those with Perks issues, did you actually sign in with your Samsung account at setup? I did that and it works.

Sent from my SM-T320 using Tapatalk

Yeah sure did

Posted via Android Central App
  18. Thread Author  Thread Author    #18  

Quote Originally Posted by dwd3885 View Post
    For those with Perks issues, did you actually sign in with your Samsung account at setup? I did that and it works.

Yes I did.
  19. Thread Author  Thread Author    #19  

I decided to cancel my Samsung.com book case order. I called on Sunday and they said they were getting a shipment in on Monday (yesterday) and my case should ship out then. Of course it didn't ship out, so I called today and now they're saying the next shipment is due on 3/11, but there's no guarantee I'll even get one from that shipment.

So I'm checking out some other cases on Amazon. The one that's caught my eye is the IVSO Slim Smart Cover Case (http://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B...pf_rd_i=507846). However the seller site says 17-28 business day deliveries.

Has anyone ordered one of these cases from this seller? Is it really 17-28 business days?

Are there any other cases that people have tried out and like? If so, what are they?

Go to Amazon they will have them in friday

21. Thread Author  Thread Author    #21  

Quote Originally Posted by shawtylo1940 View Post
    Go to Amazon they will have them in friday

Which case are you referring to? The official Samsung book case? The IVSO? And how do you know they'll have them in Friday?
  22. Thread Author  Thread Author    #22  

I've ordered the Aerb X Pro Series Samsung Galaxy Tab Pro 8.4 Leather Case. It's only available in black right now (not my first choice in color), but it's available with Amazon Prime shipping, so I'm going to give it a try. I'll post a review here after it arrives.

I ordered a couple cases off of Amazon to check out until the big names start releasing cases for the 8.4.

Ordered this one last week: Ionic Stand Leather Case For Samsung Galaxy Tab Pro 8.4 TabPro 8.4 (Black) - And should have it end of this week maybe.

Then ordered this one Sunday and with Prime it should be here tomorrow: LK X Design Slim TPU Gel Rubber Soft Skin Case Cover for Samsung Galaxy Tab Pro 8.4 T320 & Free Stylus Pen + Screen Protector

I'll post updates as they come in.

-D
  24. Thread Author  Thread Author    #24  

I've ordered the Aerb X Pro Series Samsung Galaxy Tab Pro 8.4 Leather Case. It's only available in black right now (not my first choice in color), but it's available with Amazon Prime shipping, so I'm going to give it a try. I'll post a review here after it arrives.
    Just got the case in today. I really like it. It's very solid in the hand and adds little thickness/bulk to the tablet. The tablet fits snugly; however the first time I clicked it in, the left edge didn't quite fit in. I had to reseat it and click the left side in first, then it fit perfectly.

The magnet keeps the lid closed well and the auto wake/sleep function works perfectly.

The case also works well as a stand. However I don't think the stand (i.e. folded-up cover) connects to the tablet magnetically. But it's still very solid and doesn't tip over, so no biggie.

Default Re: Galaxy Tab Pro 8.4: Cases?

I got the TPU case yesterday. It's ok. Typical TPU case. Doesn't add any bulk, and does feel pretty good in hand. Actually it feels like it won't slip out of my hand now.

I will say that they need to work on their quality management a little. The case is just a smidge off. One side doesn't want to pop fully into place. Another review on Amazon stated theirs was too big. Apparently they got the extra bit that mine is lacking!

All in all as a cheap interim case I'm pretty happy.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast