1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Galaxy Tab Pro 8.4: Will they have the 32 gb soon?

I am not sure but I don't think I have seen advertisements for the 8.4 in 32 gb yet for US. The 16 gb is not attractive to me at all, SD micro card slot or not. Can you download books on an SD card? I have not tried it yet. Or is it the same as apps, some download or some don't?
    Thanks.
    Last edited by NotJustAPhone; 03-22-2014 at 04:04 PM.

Default Re: Will they have the 32 gb soon?

Quote Originally Posted by athenatp View Post
    I am not sure but I don't think I have seen advertisements for the 8.4 in 32 gb yet for US. The 16 gb is not attractive to me at all, SD micro card slot or not. Can you download books on an SD card? I have not tried it yet. Or is it the same as apps, some download or some don't?
    Thanks.
    I dont think google gives you the option to save to sd card, but you can move them to sd card after downloading I think. I know I have done this with a movie from google play. I don't think they are going to release a 32gb?
    Thanked by:

Global Posts
    99 Global Posts

You can transfer books, videos (not sure about google play movies), music, etc to SD card. But only some apps will transfer over. Either in their attempts to force people into the cloud or to declare war on power users, Google has made it harder for app transfers to work in Android 4.4.

As for the tablet, it's a shame that somebody finally makes a hi-res tablet in this size range with decent specs, and then gimps it at 16gb
    Thanked by:

Samsung has always announced a 32GB versions of their smaller (7ish ") Galaxy tabs.
    They've also always failed to produce them in the US and here, in Europe.
    They do appear in the larger screen models (10"). In the smaller form factor, they've appear in very specific Asian markets, sometimes.
    I've been frustrated by this since the original Tab 7. I've come to understand that, when they announce 32Gb versions they mean "we make this model with that capacity" and not "you'll be able to get one with this capacity":
    To summarize: Don't count on it.

I haven't seen this posted, but the 8.4 pro allows you to download Google play movies to your SD card. Awesome since i have a lot of movies. And just as awesome. .. sandisk just came out with a 128gb micro SD card that works with the pro tablets.

Sent from my SM-T320 using AC Forums mobile app

If they do come out with a 32 gig , you know it's going to cost a lot more,
    if you plan on rooting then just install links2sd and your good to go.

From the research and using it myself on my phone, I would say it's the better app, as the other ones works a lot like the built in app2sd feature

Sent from the Galaxy TabPro 8.4 aboard the StarShip Enterprise

Global Posts
    731 Global Posts

The 128 gigabyte micro SD card works in the Samsung Galaxy tab pro 8.4? The specs on the tablet clean up to 64 gigabytes. Have you actually tried the new card?

Posted via my Samsung Galaxy iPhone killer

At the time that the 8.4 came out, 64gb was the biggest card available. Reports on xda say the 128 works fine. Mine gets delivered tomorrow.

Sandisk has a list of what phones and tablets are compatible. .. 8.4 is on there.

Global Posts
    731 Global Posts

Wish I had known that, I just bought a 64 GB. Oh, well, that's still a lot of storage.

Default Re: Galaxy Tab Pro 8.4: Will they have the 32 gb soon?

Does says 64 but I think I he was Rd 128 does work also current $30 off list 399

Default Re: Galaxy Tab Pro 8.4: Will they have the 32 gb soon?

When I bought mine last week, the 32GB model was $100 more so I went with the 16GB and used a microsd card to expand the storage.