My review after a few days of use

dwd3885

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
I picked up the Tab Pro on Thursday. Let me just say, the display on this thing is far and away the best display I have seen on any device I've ever used, included the iPad Retina's!

Not only is the resolution very high, but since the tablet is 8.4", the PPI is very dense as well. I'm not sure the exact number, but it's the best I've seen.

The speakers are also surprisingly terrific. They are loud and clarity is good.

I really enjoy the extra features on the tablet like the Multi-Window mode where you can view two apps on the screen at the same time. Small apps like the Calendar app and Email app are very good as well.

I am happy that Samsung finally ditched the menu button on this tablet. It now adheres to more of the Android guidelines, although still have physical keys instead of on-screen keys. That's ok though, I think people have grown to like the physical home button.

I don't use Samsung Voice or some of the other Samsung apps, but it has the full Google Play services which includes the terrific Google Now experience. The apps on the Play Store rival and in many cases, surpass those on the Apple App Store.

The only thing average on this tablet is the price. At $399, you can get a great little 7-inch tablet, the Nexus 7, for only $229. However, I feel that the 8-inch form factor is perfect, and the resolution on this Tab Pro 8.4 is nothing short of breathtaking.

What a great tablet.

mattskr

May 6, 2013
Visit site
Glad you like it. I think I'm going to go pick one up tonight. I have an LG G Pad 8.3 but the screen and sound are no where near the quality as what the Samsung is.

lattemaker

Oct 2, 2011
Visit site
I agree with everything you said. I picked up my Pro 8.4 last night from Best Buy and I'm really enjoying it. No complaints thus far!

Sent from my SM-T320 using AC Forums mobile app

Wildo6882

Aug 13, 2010
Visit site
I'm looking at ditching the Nexus experience (Nexus 5 and 7) for this and the S5 when it comes out. I'm glad you like it and I'm starting to hear this more and more about this line of tablets.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781