note 3 and tab pro

Lordklutz

Jan 11, 2014
Visit site
Hey all...I have a note 3 as my phone and was thinking about getting a tab pro 8.4 as my tablet for around the house. Will I notice a big difference between the note 3 and tab pro?

Posted via Android Central App

lattemaker

Oct 2, 2011
Visit site
I am wondering the exact same thing. I also have a Note 3 and am thinking about the Pro 8.4. My personal belief is that it will be a bigger version of the Note 3 without the phone capability. But I'm still very curious.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using AC Forums mobile app

athenatp

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
I too am waiting for someone to make the comparison, I went to best buy on Saturday and walked out without it. The screen is amazing, but I do feel like it's a bigger note 3 without a stylus. My only thing though is I am going to use my tablet as ereader as well, I have the Ipad 3 that my son currently uses 24/7 and I can honesty say I don't miss it because of the size. It's just too big, specially to read on. I do have a Kindle PW that I will continue to use for long periods of reading. I am still thinking of buying it.

sudbury78

Jul 21, 2011
Visit site
I am using both. Yes it's a big note without the s pen. Literally a large version of my phone. I have an old I pad and wanted an android tablet. Had the nexus 7 for a month and it was too small.

I'm now 3 days into using the 8.4 and am thinking of returning it for the 10.1. I find it hard to enjoy this landscape mode. Something seems off bit not sure why. I am now wondering if the sub 10 inch tablets aren't right for me. It could be the fact I'm using a note 3. I wonder if I have been using am I phone this 8.4 would provide the awe factor.

Sorry for the rant.

Sent from my SM-T320 using Tapatalk

mattskr

May 6, 2013
Visit site
I am using both. Yes it's a big note without the s pen. Literally a large version of my phone. I have an old I pad and wanted an android tablet. Had the nexus 7 for a month and it was too small.

I'm now 3 days into using the 8.4 and am thinking of returning it for the 10.1. I find it hard to enjoy this landscape mode. Something seems off bit not sure why. I am now wondering if the sub 10 inch tablets aren't right for me. It could be the fact I'm using a note 3. I wonder if I have been using am I phone this 8.4 would provide the awe factor.

Sorry for the rant.

The reason landscape mode feels off is because of the high resolution. Most apps think it is a larger tablet than it is, I personally like this.

As far as the original question, I have the Galaxy S5 and think the 8.4 is the perfect tablet companion. There won't be a big difference in software between the Note 3 and 8.4 but also not much difference in screen size. If you must have portability then the 8.4 is the one, otherwise consider the 10.1 since you already have a large screen phone.

lattemaker

Oct 2, 2011
Visit site
I have both the Note 3 and I just bought the Pro 8.4 last night. Yes, the Pro is basically a bigger Note 3. But it's worth the purchase. I have noticed myself(in the short time I've had it) that I'm reaching for the Pro before my Note 3. It is much easier on the eyes for browsing the Web and stuff like that, and the screen is absolutely amazing! There is also no lag what so ever, it is a very powerful tablet. Battery life could be better but I actually think it will get better with time, the battery needs to go through a few cycles to reach its prime. If anyone has any more specific questions feel free to ask me.

Sent from my SM-T320 using AC Forums mobile app

angry english

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
I'll chime in hear, I'm on my 2nd 8.4 and love it.... Also have the 10.1 pro and love that also but I bought a note 3 on Saturday and it's kinda rendered the 8.4 useless. I'm returning the 8.4 today as its to close to the note 3. Only the 10.1 gives me that difference I want.

My advice hear is if you have a note 3 then grab a 10.1 as you will find yourself picking up your phone over the 8.4

Posted via Android Central App

sudbury78

Jul 21, 2011
Visit site
Exactly my plan after owning the 8.4 for a week. I think I'm gonna buy the note 10,1 and hope kit kat comes soon. I like the s pen and the 3 gigs of ram for same price

msndrstood

Oct 2, 2011
Visit site
The reason landscape mode feels off is because of the high resolution. Most apps think it is a larger tablet than it is, I personally like this.

As far as the original question, I have the Galaxy S5 and think the 8.4 is the perfect tablet companion. There won't be a big difference in software between the Note 3 and 8.4 but also not much difference in screen size. If you must have portability then the 8.4 is the one, otherwise consider the 10.1 since you already have a large screen phone.

Did I sleep through MWC?! You have an S5? 😨

Sent via The Big, Bad, Beautiful Note 3