Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Kevin O'Quinn
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Galaxy Tab Pro 8.4: Question about loading videos

I just got this new tab pro 8.4 yesterday and was so amazed with the resolution and it being fast. Anyway my dilemma is that i can't play any movies that i uploaded to it, i even converted them to the file type used for this device and still didn't work. I am using the Chewtune for mac to convert to H.264 but still doesn't play. I am doubtful though if it really converted because it was so fast to convert, like just 2 minutes its already been converted. What am i doing wrong? I am converting movies bought through itunes by the way or digital copies with .m4v file. I need help please because i am doing this for my wife that is deploying soon and she needs lots of movies for her long deployment.

Thanks in advance and hope to hear from you soon.
    Last edited by NotJustAPhone; 03-02-2014 at 10:56 AM.

Global Posts
    20,948 Global Posts
    ROM
    Liquidsmooth ROM

Default Re: need help please please please!

Quote Originally Posted by 1stgalaxy View Post
    I just got this new tab pro 8.4 yesterday and was so amazed with the resolution and it being fast. Anyway my dilemma is that i can't play any movies that i uploaded to it, i even converted them to the file type used for this device and still didn't work. I am using the Chewtune for mac to convert to H.264 but still doesn't play. I am doubtful though if it really converted because it was so fast to convert, like just 2 minutes its already been converted. What am i doing wrong? I am converting movies bought through itunes by the way or digital copies with .m4v file. I need help please because i am doing this for my wife that is deploying soon and she needs lots of movies for her long deployment.

Thanks in advance and hope to hear from you soon.
    I don't have anything to suggest, but I saw you were new and wanted to say, 'Welcome to the forums.' As to your question, I can ask around.

Phone Timeline
    'If we could change ourselves, the tendencies in the world would also change.' - Mahatma Gandhi
    Community Guidelines and also here
    AC Team Emeritus

Global Posts
    9,115 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Try MX Player from the Play Store.
    Thanked by:
    Patrick Schroedl likes this.

In what app are you trying to play the files? You say they don't play — are you presented with an error message of some kind?

I'd you haven't already, follow Kevin's advice of trying a third-party media player such as MX Player. I would try both software and hardware acceleration.
    Thanked by:
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

yes it gives me this codec not supported thing

Quote Originally Posted by 1stgalaxy View Post
    yes it gives me this codec not supported thing
    There are many MX Player codec packs available on the Play Store; find a codec that you have the option to encode your videos as when you convert them. I highly recommend Handbrake for video encoding, if you're looking for an alternative.

Global Posts
    665 Global Posts

I use Archos Video Player

Posted via Android Central App

Since you are using a Mac, what type of files are you using ChewTune to make DRM free? I am guessing iTunes movies? According to the website, Chewtune is a DRM removal tool. If the video/audio file is DRM it removes the DRM, but it's not clear if it converts to another format. Perhaps the settings are not correctly set in the program. I have a PavTube program, not this one though, and when I went to advance I was able to set the format to convert. What I found to be the case is that if I tried to convert to a specific hardware i.e. iPad, I had problems but if I just went with the basic format i.e. .MP4. I had no problems.

Perhaps, you can try to use ChewTune to convert to a .MP4 file.

Global Posts
    743 Global Posts

Check your files. I have played *.mp4, *.avi, and *.mv4 with no issue. I use Handbrake when I have to convert

You could also grab the latest VLC nightly. I've been able to play just about everything with it.

Sent from my SM-T320 using Tapatalk

Question Re: Galaxy Tab Pro 8.4: Question about loading videos

Hi, I have this same device and I am experiencing the exact same problem. I am using a 64GB SD card in the device. My problem is that when I have uploaded the videos -even the non-converted files - one always works perfectly and the others show as 0.00 minutes, using VLC and the video player that is on the android device itself. I have tried to upload them in folders, I have tried uploading them singularly. I have tried taking the SD card out and putting it directly in my PC and uploading them that way. The PC had a pop up asking if I wanted to convert the files that time and I said no, they uploaded and I put the SD card back into my Tab and they disappeared from the SD card. I tried again and this time clicked yes to the conversion and they still disappeared once I put my SD card back in. It's getting frustrating now! Nothing seems to be working properly! I can't think of what else to try.

Default Re: Galaxy Tab Pro 8.4: Question about loading videos

I use MX Player and haven't had any issues with random video files playing on my Tab Pro.