Galaxy Tab Pro 8.4: Random noise coming out from speaker?

htc evo 4g

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
First of all, great great tablet. Probably the best tablet ive own thus far. Ive notice that there is a slight static-y noise that emits from time to time. Do any of you all notice this as well? Im away from any other electronic devices yet i hear the noise, especially after i close out a game. Maybe its just my device?

Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:

mattskr

May 6, 2013
Visit site
Re: Random noise coming out from speaker?

Does it happen when it's supposed to be silent? I would probably take it back.

Emac4444

Jan 24, 2014
Visit site

Having the same issue, glad to know that its not just me! I noticed it is only emitted when your working the processor a little emore like during 3d games. I also noticed that it comes out of both speakers and happens both when its muted and there's volume. Can anyone conclude from this data if its just software, especially considering that multiple people are affected by it?

Sent from my SM-T320 using AC Forums mobile app

htc evo 4g

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site

Having the same issue, glad to know that its not just me! I noticed it is only emitted when your working the processor a little emore like during 3d games. I also noticed that it comes out of both speakers and happens both when its muted and there's volume. Can anyone conclude from this data if its just software, especially considering that multiple people are affected by it?

Sent from my SM-T320 using AC Forums mobile app

Yes. I hear it only when the processor is running as well. You think a future software update will fix this or will I have to get an exchange?

Posted via Android Central App

Techiemonster

Feb 25, 2014
Visit site

I don't know if I should be glad other people are experiencing this. I just don't want to have to send this baby back. I'm wondering if it started happening after I updated the firmware.

htc evo 4g

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site

Anyone else having this issue lately? Im up on my exchange policy but wondered if its all the tab pros or just a few.

willkom

Mar 1, 2014
Visit site

Anyone else having this issue lately? Im up on my exchange policy but wondered if its all the tab pros or just a few.

I have a clicking noise when Touch sounds is on. It sounds slightly like the sound for typing. When touch sounds is on and I click something on screen I can hear the regular bloop sound but I also hear this slight click with it. It's driving me insane!!!!! Is this happening to anyone???

MagoFox

Mar 1, 2014
Visit site

I have the same problem. I mainly notice it when the sound is set to off and watching something or playing a game with sound. It's like the speakers are trying to play the sound but then just let out a slight buzz instead because the volume is off.

Noitu

Mar 3, 2014
Visit site
Same problem here with 2 devices so far. Am thinking of trying a 3rd.....
Anyone able to fix the problem?
I notice that the speakers stop their noise making when I plug in head phones.

Last edited:

dirtyjersey31

Mar 4, 2014
Visit site
I noticed the processor sound regardless if headphones are plugged in or not. You can hear a buzzing sound as soon as you pull up the keyboard and start typing.

Same problem here with 2 devices so far. Am thinking of trying a 3rd.....
Anyone able to fix the problem?
I notice that the speakers stop their noise making when I plug in head phones.

saltypotatoes

Mar 5, 2014
Visit site
I haven't had any extra sounds, but I've only been streaming videos. I was hoping for more volume with speakers plugged in. Gorgeous display though.

Noitu

Mar 3, 2014
Visit site
I notice it right away. Set the volume to mute and unlock the tablet. Do it in a quiet room or with it up to your ear. Anything that would normally play sound when it is muted is when it crackles for me.

Rinzukii

Mar 5, 2014
Visit site
Yeah, i notice the crackling sounds stops when i plug in headphones also. Perhaps theres a problem with speaker design? Something like the cpu or gpu may be causing interference with the speaker. Hopefully samsung will fix this issue somehow either with an update or some kind of hardware fix in the future.

debonu

Jun 24, 2011
Visit site
I don't hear the noise on mine... but it could be my selective hearing that my wife is so fond of commenting on...

Sent from my SM-T320 using Tapatalk

mattskr

May 6, 2013
Visit site
I notice it right away. Set the volume to mute and unlock the tablet. Do it in a quiet room or with it up to your ear. Anything that would normally play sound when it is muted is when it crackles for me.

Interesting...mine does do this. If I turn off the sound, then play a song through Google Music, the speakers just crackle, but I can only hear it if I put my ear on them. If I turn off the music, it's silent.

Dirtman16

Mar 17, 2011
Visit site
My wife has had this same issue with two separate units. Looks like it may be a design bug. Let's hope it's software.

Jon Rojas

Mar 26, 2014
Visit site
It's funny you bring this up. I have had this tablet for 15 days and just tonight I did an exchange at Best Buy, which they gave me hell for, and the new device still makes the noise... but louder!

Question, is it a white unit? Because the black one they had as a live demo did not make any noise.

I hope this gets fixed soon, because Best Buy won't let me do another one...:mad:

mattskr

May 6, 2013
Visit site
It's funny you bring this up. I have had this tablet for 15 days and just tonight I did an exchange at Best Buy, which they gave me hell for, and the new device still makes the noise... but louder!

Question, is it a white unit? Because the black one they had as a live demo did not make any noise.

I hope this gets fixed soon, because Best Buy won't let me do another one...:mad:

For the record, mine is white. Either my hearing is bad or mine is a mild case as I don't really notice the issue.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech