1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    27 Global Posts

Default Auto Brightness Issues

Anyone else notice that the auto brightness is way too dim in some situations. When I am in my office, I am just using natural light from the window and the tablet brightness is so dim that it hurts my eyes to look at it. I installed Lux from the Play store which fixes the issue, but just curious if this is something others are seeing as well.

This is my second Tab Pro 8.4, btw. The first one had an issue with the back not being installed properly. I'm pretty sure the first one had the brightness issue too but I can't really remember as I only had it for two days.

Default Re: Auto Brightness Issues

Quote Originally Posted by mattskr View Post
    Anyone else notice that the auto brightness is way too dim in some situations. When I am in my office, I am just using natural light from the window and the tablet brightness is so dim that it hurts my eyes to look at it. I installed Lux from the Play store which fixes the issue, but just curious if this is something others are seeing as well.

This is my second Tab Pro 8.4, btw. The first one had an issue with the back not being installed properly. I'm pretty sure the first one had the brightness issue too but I can't really remember as I only had it for two days.
    The auto brightness on All Samsung devices that I have ever seen adjust the brightness ridiculously low. Its so bad on most of them that the device is barely usable (at least to me)

As a matter of fact the only device that I have ever owned that had the auto brightness compensation correct was/is the nexus 7.

I just picked up my tab last night, and I have already noticed the auto brightness issue. I disagree that it is like this on all Samsung devices though. My S4's auto brightness is much better. It will just have to be manual adjustments for now I guess...

Sent from my SM-T320 using Tapatalk

I also have auto-brightness disabled. It's way too dim. I have the same issue on my S4 at home. But at work (where the overhead lights are much brighter), auto-brightness works fine. So I think Samsung's auto-brightness algorithm relies very heavily on being in a well lit area.
    Music Player (Remix): An advanced music app with an intuitive user interface and many unique features (Google Play Store) (Amazon App Store)
    Quick Post: The quick way to post to Twitter & Facebook (Google Play Store)

I just installed Lux (free) like the op mentioned. It does seem to really help! I may even try it on my S4.

Quote Originally Posted by debonu View Post
    I just picked up my tab last night, and I have already noticed the auto brightness issue. I disagree that it is like this on all Samsung devices though. My S4's auto brightness is much better. It will just have to be manual adjustments for now I guess...

My fault, I should have said on all Samsung devices that I have owned.