Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Galaxy Tab Pro 8.4: Back left side gets very warm...should I exchange?

Only had it for a couple of days and am noticing that the back side when I am holding it in portrait mode gets very warm and almost too hot to touch. I am not running any cpu intensive apps just Chrome, Evernote, and email programs. It eventually warms to almost half of the backside of the device. Should I be concerned?

Also brightness is only at about 30%, bluetooth off, gps off but wi-fi is on.

I am coming from the world of ipad mini 2 and the aluminum casing is always cool even when I am running tons of apps. Reading a book on the tablet shouldn't feel like you're constantly holding a hot potato.
    Last edited by NotJustAPhone; 03-02-2014 at 04:41 PM.

Default Re: Back left side gets very warm...should I exchange?

Mine occasionally warms up, but never so hot that it's too hot to touch. But most of the time it's pretty cool to the touch.
    Music Player (Remix): An advanced music app with an intuitive user interface and many unique features (Google Play Store) (Amazon App Store)
    Quick Post: The quick way to post to Twitter & Facebook (Google Play Store)

Quote Originally Posted by DanPLC View Post
    Mine occasionally warms up, but never so hot that it's too hot to touch. But most of the time it's pretty cool to the touch.
    Mine does the same. I can't really tell in everyday use unless I'm specifically looking for it.

Mine is also warm. But never so much so that I can't touch it.

Posted via Android Central App

Global Posts
    38 Global Posts

Same here. Seems like they all do it.
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

Just asked the Samsung rep at Best Buy where I purchased it from and she said to update the system software and see if that changes the heat factor if it doesn't to go ahead and exchange it for a new one. The display model that's running all day long at the store is cool to the touch even with full brightness and most apps running.

I did the update and it's still gets too warm where the battery is. Going for an exchange today and will keep you posted to see if the second one is better.

Quote Originally Posted by Goalier95 View Post
    Just asked the Samsung rep at Best Buy where I purchased it from and she said to update the system software and see if that changes the heat factor if it doesn't to go ahead and exchange it for a new one. The display model that's running all day long at the store is cool to the touch even with full brightness and most apps running.

I did the update and it's still gets too warm where the battery is. Going for an exchange today and will keep you posted to see if the second one is better.
    How is the new one. I have only had mine about a week and noticed the same thing. Close to exchanging for an iPad mini. This heat is insane.

I just wonder if we can feel it more on the Galaxy because it is thin plastic versus thick aluminum.

-Shawn
    Noting the world one S-Pen at a time
  8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #8  

It's been two weeks now with the second unit and it's much better. Still a bit warm but not as much as my first unit was. Love this display much more than the iPad mini with retina.