Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    21 Global Posts

Default Running Temp on Galaxy Tab Pro 8.4

Hi Guys,
    Long time reader (lurker for here and crackberry) but since bumping my BB devices to Android i thought id poke around.
    Anyways, I grabbed the TabPRO 8.4 the other day and while I'm really enjoying the device im finding that it runs pretty warm when doing random daily things (browse, flip mainly). I understand that devices get warm, but im just finding that it gets noticeably warm. I downloaded an app to track the heat (cpuz) and when it gets to the point where i take notice of the heat, its reaching around 37/38 cel. Idle is about 30/31. So not a big bump in heat so im i just being too sensitive to the case or are others noticing the same thing?

Thanks!

Global Posts
    24,817 Global Posts
    ROM
    SlimKat

Default Re: Running Temp on Galaxy Tab Pro 8.4

Quote Originally Posted by Pokaroo View Post
    Hi Guys,
    Long time reader (lurker for here and crackberry) but since bumping my BB devices to Android i thought id poke around.
    Anyways, I grabbed the TabPRO 8.4 the other day and while I'm really enjoying the device im finding that it runs pretty warm when doing random daily things (browse, flip mainly). I understand that devices get warm, but im just finding that it gets noticeably warm. I downloaded an app to track the heat (cpuz) and when it gets to the point where i take notice of the heat, its reaching around 37/38 cel. Idle is about 30/31. So not a big bump in heat so im i just being too sensitive to the case or are others noticing the same thing?

Thanks!
    That seems a little warm, but I don't think it's that bad. Big screen, working processor and such.

What could not be changed, must be endured - New Spring, by Robert Jordan
    Community Guidelines and also here, Developer Rules, and Marketplace
    Mobile Nations Sister Forums: iMore/Connectedly/Windows Central/Crackberry
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Global Posts
    21 Global Posts

Hottest i got it was 40c, that was with heavy internet use and photo editing. Idle sits around 25c but it gets to 35 pretty quick when browsing. Ill start using the default browser instead of chrome to see if thats the reason.
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Global Posts
    21 Global Posts

Seeing that i have the Nexus 5 (same chipset), i ran pretty much the same things side by side with my 8.4 and the heat performance is pretty much identical. Ran heavy browsing for about 15min and each device was balancing between 34-36cel, the Nexus 5 handles the heat a lot better so i didnt notice it as much. Im assuming the rubberised backing on the Nexus5 doesnt transfer heat as much as to the plastic backing of the 8.4, let alone the 8.4 having a much larger glass surface so it was easier to tell notice on the larger device. I guess these SD800's like to get really warm when doing every day things. I wonder how the cpu heat ramps up on the larger tablets running samsungs chips.