galaxy 8.4 screen problem need help deciding what to do.

Eric Lopez3

Mar 12, 2014
Visit site
Okay so I just got my galaxy tab pro 8.4. It has a fully charged battery, I turned it on to use pdf reader in school, and after class I was showing my teacher it, and it wouldn't turn on despite the fact that it was just on viewing a pdf. So I thought okay I pressed the power button a couple times and it was still blank then I pressed the power button and v - for a second it vibrated but the screen was still blank. I got to my car and pressed the power button one more time and it took a couple seconds but the screen finally turned on. I emailed amazon and they are willing to send a replacement ASAP, but idk if I should it's working fine now but I'm worried it will happen again and I will be out of luck with amazon, but at the same time I don't want to waste amazons time with a replacement if it's working fine now. What should I do. I have only had it for a few day. If I do replace it amazon will send me a brand new one, not a refurbished one right considering I have only had it for 4 days?

brosko

Nov 30, 2013
Visit site
Okay so I just got my galaxy tab pro 8.4. It has a fully charged battery, I turned it on to use pdf reader in school, and after class I was showing my teacher it, and it wouldn't turn on despite the fact that it was just on viewing a pdf. So I thought okay I pressed the power button a couple times and it was still blank then I pressed the power button and v - for a second it vibrated but the screen was still blank. I got to my car and pressed the power button one more time and it took a couple seconds but the screen finally turned on. I emailed amazon and they are willing to send a replacement ASAP, but idk if I should it's working fine now but I'm worried it will happen again and I will be out of luck with amazon, but at the same time I don't want to waste amazons time with a replacement if it's working fine now. What should I do. I have only had it for a few day. If I do replace it amazon will send me a brand new one, not a refurbished one right considering I have only had it for 4 days?

They'll definitely send you a new one and they'll even pay return shipping via a label you print out right on your computer. (You can even schedule a ups pick up at your house) amazon is great like that.

That being said, I would just keep using for a while and see how it goes. (You have 30 days to return it for a replacement with amazon) maybe it's just one of those quirky little things that happen once in a while with these devices. I have had things like this happen over the last couple of months with my Devices also. Who knows , it could be an app that you have installed controlling the screen or something. Probably not a big deal, but you have the 30 days just in case.