Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Samsung TabPro 8.4: Menu Button gives Task Manager, but won't give the Menu for the App being used

During an app, in my case, specifically the Onkyo Remote Control App for their AVR's, the Menu Button gives the Task Manager, but won't give the Menu for the App being used!

This is a big issue for me because I cannot get into the App's own Menu by pressing the Menu button!

May I ask the good folks here on this forum how to access the Menu for any app please, since one cannot press Menu and get into the current App's menu.

To be even more specific, the issue is that the Onkyo App has a check box that causes the screen on the tablet to NOT be able to go to sleep, hence it is essential to uncheck that box.

Thank you in advance!

Default Re: Samsung TabPro 8.4: Menu Button gives Task Manager, but won't give the Menu for the App being u

The tab pro line of tablets (FINALLY) ditched the legacy hardware menu key in favor of a hardware task switcher key. It's behaving as it's supposed to. The on screen device you should be looking for is commonly referred to as an overflow button. (three vertical dots) you can see an example in the top right corner of the play store for reference. I am unaware of the nature of the app in question but it would seem you are in the hands of the developer if the overflow isn't present. There is an xposed module that forces the overflow to appear but that requires root access to apply.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Default Re: Samsung TabPro 8.4: Menu Button gives Task Manager, but won't give the Menu for the App being u

Quote Originally Posted by Dualmonitors View Post
    During an app, in my case, specifically the Onkyo Remote Control App for their AVR's, the Menu Button gives the Task Manager, but won't give the Menu for the App being used!

This is a big issue for me because I cannot get into the App's own Menu by pressing the Menu button!

May I ask the good folks here on this forum how to access the Menu for any app please, since one cannot press Menu and get into the current App's menu.

To be even more specific, the issue is that the Onkyo App has a check box that causes the screen on the tablet to NOT be able to go to sleep, hence it is essential to uncheck that box.

Thank you in advance!
    Just long-tap the multitasking button and it will issue a "menu" command.
    Music Player (Remix): An advanced music app with an intuitive user interface and many unique features (Google Play Store) (Amazon App Store)
    Quick Post: The quick way to post to Twitter & Facebook (Google Play Store)
    Thanked by 2:
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

@DanPLC: that's right! thank you. may i ask how you discovered or found out about this? it is nowhere to be found unless someone told you/me!

thank you again.

Global Posts
    740 Global Posts

I asked this question within hours of buying my tablet, and it was answered on this form in about an hour. How the person who answered it found this out I will never know!

Posted via my Samsung Apple killer

I found out via trial and error. I just tried it and it worked.
    Music Player (Remix): An advanced music app with an intuitive user interface and many unique features (Google Play Store) (Amazon App Store)
    Quick Post: The quick way to post to Twitter & Facebook (Google Play Store)

That's awesome I've been wondering this myself

Sent from the Galaxy TabPro 8.4 aboard the StarShip Enterprise