Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Samsung TabPro 8.4 Orig USB Cable vs Note 8 Orig USB Cable: Internal wiring reversed?

I've read numerous times that Samsung's original, provided USB cables (and their associated devices) have reversed, internal wiring that make them unique and one cannot merely substitute any other USB to micro-USB cable from standard devices and use it without problems with these specific Samsung devices. This all started initially with the Samsung S3 and then even the S4 has these uniquely Samsung internally reversed wiring.

May I ask if this is true?

Also, my TabPro 8.4's included original USB is way too short for my needs. I have a Note 8 which has a longer included original USB cable. Would anyone know for certain if these are interchangeable? If so, i can swap the cables prior to selling the Note 8.

Thank you very much in advance.

Global Posts
    741 Global Posts

Default Re: Samsung TabPro 8.4 Orig USB Cable vs Note 8 Orig USB Cable: Internal wiring reversed?

Incorrect. I have used any number of different USB cables, data cables, Chargers, etcetera with both a Samsung Galaxy Tab 7 inch, samsung galaxy s3 phone, and now a Samsung Galaxy Tab 8.4 Pro

Posted via my Samsung Apple killer

Global Posts
    38 Global Posts

Default Re: Samsung TabPro 8.4 Orig USB Cable vs Note 8 Orig USB Cable: Internal wiring reversed?

I haven't had any problems either using any USB cable with either the Tab Pro or S4
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Thanks folks. This is really strange...

Well, for one, my TabPro 8.4's charger's output is 5.3V and the Note 8's charger's output is 5.0V.

But...back to the USB cables: I was specifically warned, in another forum (don't recall which one), that some folks had issues with their S3s by using non-Samsung original USB cables as 2 internal wires have been inverted in the S3's cables. That followed with the S4 as well. This is why I'm asking here regarding the TabPro 8.4 before I attempt to use the longer cable that came with my Note 8.

Wonder why they include such incredibly short USB cables? Cost? Ugh.

Global Posts
    741 Global Posts

I connected my Tab Pro to my comp with a 6 ft USB cable from Amazon no issue

Posted via my Samsung Galaxy iPhone killer