Magazine UX Refresh

Jul 25, 2013
Visit site
Question for anyone with a Galaxy Tab Pro. What has been your experience with the refresh rate for the magazine UX? Do the items refresh periodically or only when you touch the refresh icon? If it does refresh automatically are you able to set the intervals at which it does a refresh.

I'm curious how this will work as part of the home screen process. The time it takes to refresh when opening is one of the more frustrating things with Flipboard. That would really annoy me as part of the home screen for the tablet.

Thank you in advance for any feedback anyone can provide.

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
Question for anyone with a Galaxy Tab Pro. What has been your experience with the refresh rate for the magazine UX? Do the items refresh periodically or only when you touch the refresh icon? If it does refresh automatically are you able to set the intervals at which it does a refresh.

I'm curious how this will work as part of the home screen process. The time it takes to refresh when opening is one of the more frustrating things with Flipboard. That would really annoy me as part of the home screen for the tablet.

Thank you in advance for any feedback anyone can provide.

Just asked someone with a Tab Pro and they couldn't find any settings for refresh intervals. Only way to refresh was to hit the button

Sent from my Galaxy S4 running SlimKat 4.4.2

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
Here's the front page of the Magazine, and the page shown when you tap on the three dots in the corner.

Sent from my Galaxy S4 running SlimKat 4.4.2

Attachments

• 1395686252430.jpg
    1395686252430.jpg
    69 KB · Views: 26
  • 1395686294568.jpg
    1395686294568.jpg
    46.5 KB · Views: 26
Jul 25, 2013
Visit site
Thank you for the comments. In looking at them in the store I didn't find anything about setting it and was curious what people's experience with it had been. I heard that on the Note, where it is an app that is pulled up, it can be set to refresh at a certain interval.

ddavtian

May 28, 2010
Visit site
Flipboard refreshes regularly. UI doesn't refresh until you hit the refresh button. Don't know what Samsung was thinking.