Question: does Samsung Pro 8.4 support Qi Wireless charging?

Dima Habenko

Nov 3, 2013
Visit site
I hate charging tablets via micro USB. Not only it's a hassle to plug that little connector into tablet; because micro USB is asymmetrical you have to know which end to plug it and good luck doing this in the dark guessing each other way. My Nexus devices all support wireless, so I long has converted, setting up pads in each room and magnetic dock/pad in my car. Looking into upgrading Nexus 7 to Tab Pro 8.4 but would not want to revert back to days of cords.

brosko

Nov 30, 2013
Visit site
I am pretty sure thag it does not have qi wireless capability. That's unfortunate and one of the major reasons I am waiting for the nexus 8 and not really interested in a tab pro. Once you goes wireless you CANNOT happily go back!

roblox84

Apr 26, 2012
Visit site
I hate charging tablets via micro USB. Not only it's a hassle to plug that little connector into tablet; because micro USB is asymmetrical you have to know which end to plug it and good luck doing this in the dark guessing each other way. My Nexus devices all support wireless, so I long has converted, setting up pads in each room and magnetic dock/pad in my car. Looking into upgrading Nexus 7 to Tab Pro 8.4 but would not want to revert back to days of cords.

That is really neat, i've never used wireless charging. How far is the wireless charging signal sent? Can I use the tablet on my bed while it's charging with the wireless charger across the room or on the night stand?

frope01

Jul 26, 2013
Visit site
No. You still have to place the tablet on the wireless charging pad. It won't send the current any distance. I guess a better term is inductive charging. It's still very convenient and the ONLY thing I miss about my Nexus 7.

Sent from my LG-E980 using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nikoczzzz