Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    776 Global Posts

Default USB on-the-go

Does the Galaxy Pro 8.4 support USB on-the-go? There is a cable available from Amazon that reportedly works with the Samsung Galaxy s3 phone. If the tablet supports it, the same cable should work.

Posted via my Samsung Apple killer

Global Posts
    21 Global Posts

Default Re: USB on-the-go

I havent tried but the reviews that i read before getting mine confirmed it did.

Global Posts
    40 Global Posts

Yes, it does support it. Use it all the time.
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Global Posts
    776 Global Posts

Excellent thank you

Posted via my Samsung Apple killer
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Global Posts
    776 Global Posts

I just took a gamble of $60 for a 128 gigabyte thumb drive, half the price of a 128 gigabyte micro SD card. I had enough room to back up all of my data to the thing, and now have access to everything from either my tablet or my phone. USB on-the-go rocks!

Posted via my Samsung Galaxy iPhone killer

I have a USB OTG cable from when I had a HTC EVO, which never really worked on that phone. The cable works flawlessly on the Galaxy Tab Pro 8.4

I tested it using a 16GB USB Flash Drive and a USB-powered 250GB 2.5" hard drive, and there was enough power supplied to browse and run videos. I haven't tested it extensively if it cuts out after a while or whatever, but from my usage, it seemed to work great.
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

Global Posts
    776 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by storino03 View Post
    I have a USB OTG cable from when I had a HTC EVO, which never really worked on that phone. The cable works flawlessly on the Galaxy Tab Pro 8.4

I tested it using a 16GB USB Flash Drive and a USB-powered 250GB 2.5" hard drive, and there was enough power supplied to browse and run videos. I haven't tested it extensively if it cuts out after a while or whatever, but from my usage, it seemed to work great.
    Is your drive formatted FAT32? When I plugged in an 8 GB thumb drive I had formatted NTFS the tablet would not see it. My portable drive is NTSF. I haven't tried it, but dont think it would work.

I just ordered one of these from amazon, do you know if you can plug in a game controller with it on the tab?

Sent from my SM-T320 using Tapatalk
  9. Thread Author  Thread Author    #9  

Global Posts
    776 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by elektrobix View Post
    I just ordered one of these from amazon, do you know if you can plug in a game controller with it on the tab?

Sorry, I don't have a game controller to try. I did however successfully use a USB keyboard.

So, you bought thumb drive then plug it into USB OMG to play back movies, etc? I thought the tab pro 8.4 held 64 GB only?
  11. Thread Author  Thread Author    #11  

Global Posts
    776 Global Posts

My tablet has 16 gigs of internal storage. I have installed a 64 gigabyte micro SD card. The 128 GB thumb drive contains all of my data files from my computer's hard drive and since there was still space left over I added even more video.

I managed to get the ps3 controller working on most games apart from real racing 3

The USB OTG cable also works with my 500gb Toshiba portable drive. I use it to watch movies.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
    Simacca likes this.

Global Posts
    20 Global Posts

The main reason I purchased this was to play movies / TV episodes through a USB stick. I have noticed that the colours are slightly over saturated and seeing as Samsung removed the option to change the screen colours I was wandering if anyone can recommend an app to adjust it? Thanks

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk