- 1 Posts
I have some auto-brightness issues on my new Tab Pro 8.4
It looks like the brightness is being adjusted based on the content displayed on the screen instead of just the ambient light level. Whenever I watch videos with large brightness variations like a guy with a white shirt walking in and out of the screen (TED!), the brightness adjusts very quickly (per frame) and creates some flickering, it's basically unwatchable. It only happens close to the darker settings but it's annoying enough for me to disable auto-brightness entirely. It happens regardless of the video app (video player, youtube...)
Anyone else seeing this? Is there a fix?
- 04-08-2014, 06:01 AM #2
Re: AutoBrightness issues?
Use manual brightness.
A lot of people recommend this as a battery saving tip, but can also be ideal to set your desired brightness without fluctuations.[SIZE=2][B]Lenovo IdeaPad Y410P running Windows 10 Home 64-bit[/B]
[B]LG G4 (H815) running Android 5.1 "Lollipop" (Stock LG UX 4.0 UI) *CURRENT DAILY DRIVER*[/B]
HTC One (M7) running Android 5.1.1 "Lollipop" (Custom CM12.1 ROM based on AOSP)
LG G3 (D855) running Android 5.0 "Lollipop" (Stock LG UX 3.0 UI)
Samsung Galaxy S3 (i9300) running Android 5.1 "Lollipop" (Custom CM12.1 ROM based on AOSP)
- 04-08-2014, 06:31 AM #3
- 04-09-2014, 06:52 PM #4
- 04-13-2014, 03:50 AM #5
- 04-25-2014, 11:02 PM #6
- By DudeThatsErin in forum T-Mobile Samsung Galaxy S4Replies: 2Last Post: 04-25-2014, 01:21 PM
- By Tulio Baez in forum Google Play edition HTC One M8Replies: 7Last Post: 04-12-2014, 03:30 AM
- By violetspirits in forum Google ChromecastReplies: 3Last Post: 04-09-2014, 04:21 PM
- By Prabhat Sharma in forum Moto G (2013)Replies: 0Last Post: 04-08-2014, 12:32 AM
- By ronsonger in forum HTC One M8Replies: 6Last Post: 04-07-2014, 07:26 PM