Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default WiFi issues

Has anyone been having issues with WiFi dropping out?
    I'm on my second unit with WiFi dropping out and having to reset pad to reestablish connection.
    I have time warner Broadband 50 mbps..I don't think it's my home wireless as my iPad air does not drop. Boy any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thank you

Posted via Android Central App

Global Posts
    38 Global Posts

Default Re: WiFi issues

Yup. I had the same issues. Turned out it was because I had a dual band router and using the same SSID for both 2.4ghz and 5ghz. I don't really take anything away from the the tablet for this despite no other devices ever having an issue with this configuration.

I simply renamed my 5ghz network to "networkname-5g" and the issue was solved.

Global Posts
    224 Global Posts

Yup mine has been a tad ... flakey. I normally just flick airplane on/off and it resumes. I'm sure a software patch will resolve this, overall very impressed though.
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

If you go to XDA website there seems to be many folks having WiFi issues with Tab. I was actually very surprised .
    Other than WiFi issue I absolutely love the 8.4 Pro. The display is amazing.

Posted via Android Central App

Arrow Re:Galaxy Tab Pro 12.2 32 gb - WiFi issues setup

bran new galaxy tab pro 12.2

can not get past the first few steps in setup as Wi Fi keeps going on and off. It scans and finds the router, says "connecting" and then drops it. I have an Asus dual band router, just updated on internet. My smartphone works great with that Wi fi. something is missing. I also renamed the 5g portion of the router as suggested by one post. No luck. surely the unit can not be caput out of the box.

Any ideas????