Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Tab Pro 8.4 Battery life?

Really want to get a Samsung Galaxy Tab Pro 8.4. I'm a bit worried though about the battery life. 4800mah isn't much. I need the tablet to last from about 6 am to 6 pm. I will have a power bank (8400 mah) so a little less will do. I have done my searching but I have been left confused as some reviews say the battery lasts around 10 hours but some say about 6-8 hours. I know battery life will improve after the first few cycles and since most reviews do not state how long they had the tablet before testing, and how the battery lasts with their regular use, I really do not know if I should get this tablet as a low battery life is really a deal killer. If you have any input or suggestions about other tablets around the same price range ($450 max) please reply. Thanks!

Edit: Forgot to mention that usage will really just be things like web surfing, notes, calendar, calculator etc... for the hours I'm in school around 7:30- 3:00. However, there will be days when I will be using more power consuming apps like Facebook etc.. In and out of school.

Default Re: Tab Pro 8.4 Battery life?

I use my tab pro about 1-2 hours a night and it will last me 4-5 days no problem. I've had the Note 10.1 2014 and got similar battery life.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Quote Originally Posted by stan23 View Post
    I use my tab pro about 1-2 hours a night and it will last me 4-5 days no problem. I've had the Note 10.1 2014 and got similar battery life.
    Tab Pro 8.4 right? Just wanted to be sure.

yes, 8.4

I use mine throughout the day probably 14 or more hours, though not constantly with screen on. Use for email, web browsing, reading ebooks, playing Pandora etc. I usually end the day with 30-50% left when I put it on the charger overnight. The screen is the biggest power user and I keep mine set at about 30% most of the time. There are other power saving tips you can find on this forum.

Sent from my SM-T320 using Tapatalk

The only times I have used up my battery in a day is watching 2 mp4 videos on a long flight. The back up battery came in handy then. I am quite satisfied with the battery life. I usually have a charger and cable around in case I need it, but rarely do.

Sent from my SM-T320 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by stan23 View Post
    Hi, since you had the 10.1 2014, and now the 8.4 Tab Pro, is the battery life is about the same? How is the charging time on the 8.4 too?
    The reason I asked these questions, is because I had a 10.1 2014, and it got stolen last month. Since I travel on two wheels most of the time, size is paramount. I am going for the Tab Pro 8.4 to replace my 10.1 2014.. Charging on the 10.1 2014 took at least 5 hours.. Is the charging time shorter on the Tab Pro 8.4 and the charging on the 8.4 is 3.0?

Lastly, do you miss the 10.1 2014? I know I am going to miss that 3gb of RAM

Thanks in advance and sorry for all the questions..

Samsung Galaxy Note 4/32gb/Black/128gb SD Card
    Samsung Galaxy Tab Pro 8.4/16gb/Black/64gb SD Card
    Samsung Galaxy Gear Black(sold, waiting for Gear S)

Sony MDR 1RBTMK2
    Harman Kardon BT
    74, old, dirty and fast!!