Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default two tone screen

I had just purchased my tab 8.4 pro from newegg.com and when I watch videos weather it be from youtube, hulu or netflix I have my screen seems to be cut in half. The split goes straight down the center from the samsung logo to the home button. I was wondering if this is a hardware issue or a software issue.

Global Posts
    13,123 Global Posts
    Carrier
    Stock 4.4 (KitKat)

Default Re: two tone screen

Quote Originally Posted by James Ng View Post
    I had just purchased my tab 8.4 pro from newegg.com and when I watch videos weather it be from youtube, hulu or netflix I have my screen seems to be cut in half. The split goes straight down the center from the samsung logo to the home button. I was wondering if this is a hardware issue or a software issue.
    If the screen color is only an issue with playing videos and not on the device system wide (browsing the web, home screen, viewing photos, etc.) then it would seem to be a software issue. Check to make sure the device is updated then factory reset if it's up-to-date. That should fix its. If still no improvement then contact Newegg and see if they will swap out the device for you.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Default Re: two tone screen

I just tried your suggestion and now the split in the color is there all the time. I found though if I manually adjust the brightness the color evens out. I did contact newegg and im going to get a replacement.