two tone screen

James Ng

Apr 24, 2014
Visit site
I had just purchased my tab 8.4 pro from newegg.com and when I watch videos weather it be from youtube, hulu or netflix I have my screen seems to be cut in half. The split goes straight down the center from the samsung logo to the home button. I was wondering if this is a hardware issue or a software issue.

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
I had just purchased my tab 8.4 pro from newegg.com and when I watch videos weather it be from youtube, hulu or netflix I have my screen seems to be cut in half. The split goes straight down the center from the samsung logo to the home button. I was wondering if this is a hardware issue or a software issue.
If the screen color is only an issue with playing videos and not on the device system wide (browsing the web, home screen, viewing photos, etc.) then it would seem to be a software issue. Check to make sure the device is updated then factory reset if it's up-to-date. That should fix its. If still no improvement then contact Newegg and see if they will swap out the device for you.

James Ng

Apr 24, 2014
Visit site
I just tried your suggestion and now the split in the color is there all the time. I found though if I manually adjust the brightness the color evens out. I did contact newegg and im going to get a replacement.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dominic Haar