Could not do normal boot odin mode

Shon Jacobs

May 10, 2014
Visit site
I recently tried rooting my Galaxy tab pro 8.4 and after running the tar.md5 file through odin and hitting start i get the pass notification but the device doesnt reboot. I did a manual reboot but the device just returns to the downloading do not turn off target screen. Im stuck in odin mode. Am I missing something? I would appreciate any help i could get please.

mobilecrackers

Jul 16, 2013
Visit site
I recently tried rooting my Galaxy tab pro 8.4 and after running the tar.md5 file through odin and hitting start i get the pass notification but the device doesnt reboot. I did a manual reboot but the device just returns to the downloading do not turn off target screen. Im stuck in odin mode. Am I missing something? I would appreciate any help i could get please.

Please follow the steps below:
1. Turn off your phone
2. Remove battery and SIM card (if you have SIM card in your phone)
3. Wait 5 minutes
4. Replace SIM card and battery but not SD card
5. Press and hold Power button for 20 seconds.

see whether the phone is booting up if not go to recovery and clear cache

Shon Jacobs

May 10, 2014
Visit site
Please follow the steps below:
1. Turn off your phone
2. Remove battery and SIM card (if you have SIM card in your phone)
3. Wait 5 minutes
4. Replace SIM card and battery but not SD card
5. Press and hold Power button for 20 seconds.

see whether the phone is booting up if not go to recovery and clear cache

its a tablet no sim dont think i can take the battery out

Shaunak Saxena

Sep 17, 2015
Visit site
the same problem was with me 3-4 weeks ago...
follow the url-
dbloo dbloo dbloo dot autoroot dot chainfire dot eu
(i cant post the URL because the website is not allowing me.....understand and use the code)

1) choose your samsung model and download the recovery file
2) download and open odin on a dekstop
3) connect your device to the dekstop
4) press the volume down, home button and power button together till the screen changes
5) press the volume down button again
6) odin will show the message "attatched or connected"
7) click pda
8) attatch the file you downloaded
9) your device will be fixed and will be restarted

ur welcome;)

Last edited:

VaclavKemp

Jan 15, 2016
Visit site
mobilecrackers - I did the steps and iam sure i followed them carefully, but it did not restart my phone after the step 9, but instead it says: Could not do normal boot :/. Could you help me pls? Nothing so far worked...I have samsung galaxy s 4 mini GT-I9195I.

Thanks in advance!

Last edited:

samuelgortiz

Jan 17, 2016
Visit site
I am having a similar issue.
My samsung galaxy tab 3 boots directly into downloading mode.
The screen reads: Could not do normal boot; mmc read failed.
After not using the tablet for two months, however it was plugged in, it would read something to the effect of could not start please contact ATT for help.
I tried clearing erasing everything, clearing the cache, removing the battery (even leaving it out overnight) and it still will not start up.
And what makes the problem even worse is that it will not connect to my computer. I have tried to computers, a windows 7 laptop and and windows 10 desktop. I've also tried 4 different cables. May buy one more just to be sure. When I connect it nothing happens. It does not show anywhere that the unit is connected.
I downloaded both Kies and Odin, but since the unit will not connect to any of my computers I cant reinstall the firmware. I think i've tried it all, even removing the battery when plugged in to the computer. I suppose I am about to put this thing in the garbage lol. Anyone got any new ideas. If I could get my computer to

anon(632115)

Jan 5, 2012
Visit site
It would be good for Kies to be installed as you could try emergency firmware recovery, however, the likelihood with the error you are getting points to flash memory failure. It would be a good idea to take it to a repair shop. If you still want to pursue the Kies route use the Win 7 device as 10 is problematical for most. You could try installing the latest drivers which are here Technical Documentation | SAMSUNG Developers

Rocker47

May 22, 2016
Visit site
hello there !!! me also here to express my Reaction About it!!
actually Suddenly at night i got this Great idea of Rooting my phone coz i wanted to Change my MAC Add. So i used the CF Auto Root file With the Odin And with my good luck i ended with this Bootloop (as if god Odin Has given u a curse) it said Could not do normal boot Odin mode . i actually Did every Thing possible in the middle of night but ended with sigh! in the morning i Though about stock firmware reset By adding it through Odin (the original one that belongs to your phone. u can search) actually wht i found out is that we actually need to download this stock firmware for triggering . we have to just load it into Odin and Start with Repartition option ticked which would lead to failure . But now u will have a new log entry below SECURE DOWNLOAD ENABLE text Some what LOAD ERROR . Now u can reboot or it will Automatic Reboot which saves u from ALL Hectic and Painfull Data loss
At last i would Like to thank Odin god To take the curse Which would be Leading to a precious heart breaking Data loss BACK!!!! O:)

Imarbaz

Aug 17, 2016
Visit site
I am having a similar issue.
My samsung galaxy tab 3 boots directly into downloading mode.
The screen reads: Could not do normal boot; mmc read failed.
After not using the tablet for two months, however it was plugged in, it would read something to the effect of could not start please contact ATT for help.
I tried clearing erasing everything, clearing the cache, removing the battery (even leaving it out overnight) and it still will not start up.
And what makes the problem even worse is that it will not connect to my computer. I have tried to computers, a windows 7 laptop and and windows 10 desktop. I've also tried 4 different cables. May buy one more just to be sure. When I connect it nothing happens. It does not show anywhere that the unit is connected.
I downloaded both Kies and Odin, but since the unit will not connect to any of my computers I cant reinstall the firmware. I think i've tried it all, even removing the battery when plugged in to the computer. I suppose I am about to put this thing in the garbage lol. Anyone got any new ideas. If I could get my computer to

Hey i know the solution of it.
Go to your computer and download bootloader of android version you are using. Now go to the download PRESS and HOLD POWER + VOLUME DOWN + HOME BUTTON. After that connect your device to your computer. Download odin on you computer and OPEN it. Then click on BL and select your bootloader file and then click on START . Wait for it to download the bootloader in your device. After it finishes it will automatically restart and you will be able to see your device working normally. Have fun

Last edited by a moderator:

halimz

Aug 19, 2016
Visit site
follow the url-
(i cant post the URL because the website is not allowing me.....understand and use the code)

4) press the volume down, home button and power button together till the screen changes
7) click pda

ur welcome

thank you buddy may god bless you ,. ive exit from the odin mode .. im newbie on this site n i dont even know how to reply massage :-$:-$

Lewis Winter

Aug 29, 2016
Visit site
follow the url-

7) click pda

ur welcome;)

PDA????????? HELP

Hey i know the solution of it.
Go to your computer and download bootloader of android version you are using. Now go to the download PRESS and HOLD POWER + VOLUME DOWN + HOME BUTTON. After that connect your device to your computer. Download odin on you computer and OPEN it. Then click on BL and select your bootloader file and then click on START . Wait for it to download the bootloader in your device. After it finishes it will automatically restart and you will be able to see your device working normally. Have fun

where can i find the bootloader?

Last edited by a moderator:

Hossein Morovati

Nov 3, 2016
Visit site
I have not find a solution for finding the real CF-Root file to root my galaxy s3 neo gt-i19300i yet
but !
after using the volume down bottom instead of volume up , during the next keeping the three bottoms (home screen volume down ) , the device came back to last situation and its work but it did not rooted

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463