Case/stand for movie viewing

Apr 30, 2014
Visit site
I recently purchased and received an inexpensive VSTN case from Amazon for my Pro 8.4. I like the case and am impressed and surprised with the quality. I only have one problem. It appears to have only one viewing angle when used as a stand. (Though the description says "multi-angle.") And that viewing angle is close to vertical (i.e. 90? from the table or surface it is set up on). I find this a bad angle for viewing movies, etc., which would be the primary reason I would put it in stand mode. For movies, I think it should recline further back, so the screen is parallel to your face.

Link to the case is here: Amazon.com: VSTN?Samsung Galaxy Tab Pro 8.4 Ultra-Thin Multi-angle Stand Slim Smart Cover Case, only fit Galaxy Tab Pro 8.4 tablet (For Galaxy Tab Pro 8.4, Black): Computers & Accessories

I was wondering if others had similar experiences with their cases. And whether there were any fixes or other inexpensive cases that solved the problem.

Thanks,
Jim

frope01

Jul 26, 2013
Visit site
I have the same case and had the same problem. Below is my solution.
usajajes.jpg

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

strider_mt2k

Dec 16, 2011
Visit site
I picked up this one: Amazon.com : i-Blason Samsung Galaxy Tab Pro 8.4 Case - Armorbox Dual Layer Hybrid Full-body Protective Cover with Kickstand and Impact Resistant Bumpers (Samsung Galaxy Tab Pro 8.4, Black/Blue) : Electronics

Pretty nice case, with good protection. And it has the kickstand that angles the gtab at about a 45 degree for movie viewing. Not bad for 40 bucks.

I also have this case and have found it to be great on this tablet.
Good solid protection and the kickstand is great.

Apr 30, 2014
Visit site
I also have this case and have found it to be great on this tablet.
Good solid protection and the kickstand is great.

Looks like a nice case, but $40 is more than I'd want to spend for something that can only be used with this tablet. The separate stand, on the other hand, is cheaper and can be used even if you upgrade to a different tablet.

Jim

Apr 30, 2014
Visit site
This is doubtless obvious to some, but I recently discovered the VSTN case I bought actually has two possible viewing angles in stand mode. One is the "official" one pictured in the amazon listing I linked to in the original post, the other you can access by orienting the folded support at the top rather than the bottom of the tablet. (Basically turn the case and tablet upside down versus the picture at amazon). This orients the tablet closer to horizontal, and I find it much more useful than the "official" angle. Good for typing/pressing and viewing. Not sure it would completely eliminate the need for a fully adjustable stand, but it reduces the need for it in my case.

mpayne2k

May 5, 2013
Visit site
I bought the Fintie case off Amazon for less than $9 and find it great for multiple viewing angels, expecially for video playback

Sent from my SM-T320 using Tapatalk

mpayne2k

May 5, 2013
Visit site
Sure, here is the name: Fintie Samsung Galaxy Tab Pro 8.4 Slim Shell Case Cover (Black)

...and link: Amazon.com: Fintie Samsung Galaxy Tab Pro 8.4 Slim Shell Case Cover - Ultra Slim Lightweight Stand for TabPro 8.4-inch Tablet with Auto Sleep/Wake Feature, Black: Electronics

They have multiple colors to suit your mood / taste.

Edit: How's that for a name, eh? And I thought the tabs name was long..yeesh Fintie!
Also, a head's up on the viewing angles. You may think that there is only one, when folding the cover into a triangle as pictured on the site. One other angle, a lower more typing friendly angle which is also good for viewing videos depending on your lighting is to place the tablet face up with the cover folded back, then lift just one panel of the cover up and prop the tablet down on this panel. This gives you a lower angle than the triangle fold and I find myself using this about 60% of the time compared to the higher angle.