Galaxy Tab S 8.4 VS Galaxy Tab Pro 8.4

CarrierPigeon

Mar 13, 2014
Visit site
Anyone know the differences?

They are almost identical, except for

Tab S having 3GB vs 2GB of RAM on the Tab Pro.
Tab S having AMOLED screen vs LCD on Tab Pro

Someone chime in!

Samsung Galaxy Tab S (8.4) vs Samsung Galaxy TabPro 8.4: What's the difference? - Pocket-lint

Doesn't the upcoming Tab S 8.4 also have better processors? Octacore or something?

I'm a sucker for AMOLED screens and have been waiting for this for over two years. Samsung's previous SuperAMOLED tablet, the 7.7 didn't interest me because it was like an orphan tablet for Samsung. :)

I'm 99% sure I'll get the new Tab S tablet, but the only problem is that I cannot decide which one... the 8.4 or 10.5. Anybody got the pro and cons of picking 8.4 or 10.5 model? Thanks!

brosko

Nov 30, 2013
Visit site
Doesn't the upcoming Tab S 8.4 also have better processors? Octacore or something?

I'm a sucker for AMOLED screens and have been waiting for this for over two years. Samsung's previous SuperAMOLED tablet, the 7.7 didn't interest me because it was like an orphan tablet for Samsung. :)

I'm 99% sure I'll get the new Tab S tablet, but the only problem is that I cannot decide which one... the 8.4 or 10.5. Anybody got the pro and cons of picking 8.4 or 10.5 model? Thanks!

Yes the tab s has a faster processor as well as more ram, and also is lighter and thinner.

Civuck

Apr 13, 2014
Visit site
Anyone care to comment on Exynos chip in Tab S versus Snapdragon in Tab Pro? The consensus seemed to be the Snapdragon was slightly faster and more desirable.

CarrierPigeon

Mar 13, 2014
Visit site
My local Best Buy store's Samsung zone just got the Tab S 8.4 and 10.5 on the display counter this morning. They said it's NOT available for purchase, but they wanted to put it up to give people a chance to see/play with these new tablets.

All I can saw is WOW! I have never laid eyes on a more beautiful display in my entire life.
It was like a technology wet dream coming true. I couldn't take my eyes off them, even if
the Best Buy store suddenly became a nudist colony.

Having said that... I didn't notice any real performance increase over the Tab Pro 8.4
on the same counter....

Apr 30, 2014
Visit site
From a hands-on review on tech radar: "Samsung took great pains to point out how much better the new display was side by side with an LCD (oddly choosing to lament the colour performance of its very own Galaxy Tab Pro) but it just looked different, not better - it depends on your preference."

Hands on: Samsung Galaxy Tab S review | Tablets Reviews | TechRadar

Must say I'm a bit annoyed Samsung comes up with a new high-end model in the same size only c. 6 mos after the Pro line became available. I bought my "Pro" only a month ago for $350. Guess it's "obsolete" now, even though the differences in the S model seem very minor. (The reviews of the "Pro" and "S" version read almost the same--they just have different dates.)

Last edited:

bbmtna

Nov 24, 2013
Visit site
From a hands-on review on tech radar: "Samsung took great pains to point out how much better the new display was side by side with an LCD (oddly choosing to lament the colour performance of its very own Galaxy Tab Pro) but it just looked different, not better - it depends on your preference."

Must say I'm a bit annoyed Samsung comes up with a new high-end model in the same size only c. 6 mos after the Pro line became available. I bought my "Pro" only a month ago for $350. Guess it's "obsolete" now, even though the differences in the S model seem very minor. (The reviews of the "Pro" and "S" version read almost the same--they just have different dates.)

Heck I'm week and half into my Tab Pro. At least you got a month lol

Posted via Android Central App

CarrierPigeon

Mar 13, 2014
Visit site
Heck I'm week and half into my Tab Pro. At least you got a month lol

Posted via Android Central App

I'm buying the Tab S 8.4 as soon as it comes out. I fully expect it to be the BEST
for at least 2 months. It's Samsung. I'm sure they'll introduce something even better
by then!!! It seems like Samsung wants us to upgrade every 3 month? :D

brosko

Nov 30, 2013
Visit site

I like the extra gb of ram.

brosko

Nov 30, 2013
Visit site
I'm buying the Tab S 8.4 as soon as it comes out. I fully expect it to be the BEST
for at least 2 months. It's Samsung. I'm sure they'll introduce something even better
by then!!! It seems like Samsung wants us to upgrade every 3 month? :D

I wish they were so proactive about updating the os's on their already released tablets :)

frope01

Jul 26, 2013
Visit site
I love my Tab Pro 8.4. No negative issues. I only wish I waited and got it for $279 instead of $399 a couple months ago.

Sent from Frope's G Pro.

brosko

Nov 30, 2013
Visit site
I love my Tab Pro 8.4. No negative issues. I only wish I waited and got it for $279 instead of $399 a couple months ago.

Sent from Frope's G Pro.

Yup, $120 is a big difference. They just threw it out there at $399 to see who would bite.

jasonprice

Sep 5, 2010
Visit site
At 279 the pro is a better buy than the Tab S. I have zero complaints about mine, I was waiting on a good sale and this week was it. Sure, battery life could be better but I knew that going in. I'll trade some battery life for a tablet that is thinner than my Galaxy S5.

dwd3885

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
Ok so I went to Best Buy to look at the new Tab S. I have the Tab Pro 8.4. Long story short, they seem the same to me. I couldn't even tell the screen was any different. So I imagine unless you look side-by-side you won't be able to either. They didn't seem any faster. The Gravity movie pre-loaded was cool to see but it didn't look more amazing than on the Pros.

The 'S Finder' and 'Quick Connect' buttons are permanantly in the notification area too, next to brightness and sound. While you can remove the brightness and sound sliders, you can't remove the S Finder and Quick Connect buttons.

All in all, I was pretty excited to look at them, but you really don't need to upgrade at all to the S if you have a Pro. Not at all.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance