Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 69
Like Tree12Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

    Thumbs up Galaxy Tab S 8.4 VS Galaxy Tab Pro 8.4

    Anyone know the differences?

    They are almost identical, except for

    Tab S having 3GB vs 2GB of RAM on the Tab Pro.
    Tab S having AMOLED screen vs LCD on Tab Pro

    Someone chime in!

    http://www.pocket-lint.com/news/1293...the-difference
  2. #2  
    dwd3885's Avatar

    Posts
    667 Posts
    Global Posts
    671 Global Posts

    Default Re: Galaxy Tab S 8.4 VS Galaxy Tab Pro 8.4

    The S is a little thinner and lighter

    Posted via Android Central App
  3. #3  

    Default Re: Galaxy Tab S 8.4 VS Galaxy Tab Pro 8.4

    Best Buy is running the Tab Pro 8.4 for $279 in store right now, which makes it a steal compared to the $399 of the Tab S.
    Thanked by:
    nofiz 
  4. #4  

    Default Re: Galaxy Tab S 8.4 VS Galaxy Tab Pro 8.4

    and if you order online with bestbuy in do instore pick up you will get a 50 dollar gift card
  5. #5  

    Default Re: Galaxy Tab S 8.4 VS Galaxy Tab Pro 8.4

    Quote Originally Posted by storino03 View Post
    Anyone know the differences?

    They are almost identical, except for

    Tab S having 3GB vs 2GB of RAM on the Tab Pro.
    Tab S having AMOLED screen vs LCD on Tab Pro

    Someone chime in!

    Samsung Galaxy Tab S (8.4) vs Samsung Galaxy TabPro 8.4: What's the difference? - Pocket-lint
    Doesn't the upcoming Tab S 8.4 also have better processors? Octacore or something?

    I'm a sucker for AMOLED screens and have been waiting for this for over two years. Samsung's previous SuperAMOLED tablet, the 7.7 didn't interest me because it was like an orphan tablet for Samsung.

    I'm 99% sure I'll get the new Tab S tablet, but the only problem is that I cannot decide which one... the 8.4 or 10.5. Anybody got the pro and cons of picking 8.4 or 10.5 model? Thanks!
  6. #6  

    Default Re: Galaxy Tab S 8.4 VS Galaxy Tab Pro 8.4

    Quote Originally Posted by CarrierPigeon View Post
    Doesn't the upcoming Tab S 8.4 also have better processors? Octacore or something?

    I'm a sucker for AMOLED screens and have been waiting for this for over two years. Samsung's previous SuperAMOLED tablet, the 7.7 didn't interest me because it was like an orphan tablet for Samsung.

    I'm 99% sure I'll get the new Tab S tablet, but the only problem is that I cannot decide which one... the 8.4 or 10.5. Anybody got the pro and cons of picking 8.4 or 10.5 model? Thanks!
    Yes the tab s has a faster processor as well as more ram, and also is lighter and thinner.
  7. #7  

    Default Re: Galaxy Tab S 8.4 VS Galaxy Tab Pro 8.4

    Anyone care to comment on Exynos chip in Tab S versus Snapdragon in Tab Pro? The consensus seemed to be the Snapdragon was slightly faster and more desirable.
  8. #8  

    Default Re: Galaxy Tab S 8.4 VS Galaxy Tab Pro 8.4

    My local Best Buy store's Samsung zone just got the Tab S 8.4 and 10.5 on the display counter this morning. They said it's NOT available for purchase, but they wanted to put it up to give people a chance to see/play with these new tablets.

    All I can saw is WOW! I have never laid eyes on a more beautiful display in my entire life.
    It was like a technology wet dream coming true. I couldn't take my eyes off them, even if
    the Best Buy store suddenly became a nudist colony.

    Having said that... I didn't notice any real performance increase over the Tab Pro 8.4
    on the same counter....
    Thanked by:
    MRS DIVA likes this.
  9. #9  

    Default Re: Galaxy Tab S 8.4 VS Galaxy Tab Pro 8.4

    From a hands-on review on tech radar: "Samsung took great pains to point out how much better the new display was side by side with an LCD (oddly choosing to lament the colour performance of its very own Galaxy Tab Pro) but it just looked different, not better - it depends on your preference."

    Hands on: Samsung Galaxy Tab S review | Tablets Reviews | TechRadar

    Must say I'm a bit annoyed Samsung comes up with a new high-end model in the same size only c. 6 mos after the Pro line became available. I bought my "Pro" only a month ago for $350. Guess it's "obsolete" now, even though the differences in the S model seem very minor. (The reviews of the "Pro" and "S" version read almost the same--they just have different dates.)
    Thanked by:
  10. #10  

    Default Re: Galaxy Tab S 8.4 VS Galaxy Tab Pro 8.4

    Quote Originally Posted by tmacgarris6727 View Post
    and if you order online with bestbuy in do instore pick up you will get a 50 dollar gift card
    Online price is 329. In store is 279. Id rather pay less up front
  11. #11  
    bbmtna's Avatar

    Posts
    6 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,075 Global Posts

    Default Re: Galaxy Tab S 8.4 VS Galaxy Tab Pro 8.4

    Quote Originally Posted by Mephistopheles1 View Post
    From a hands-on review on tech radar: "Samsung took great pains to point out how much better the new display was side by side with an LCD (oddly choosing to lament the colour performance of its very own Galaxy Tab Pro) but it just looked different, not better - it depends on your preference."

    Hands on: Samsung Galaxy Tab S review | Tablets Reviews | TechRadar

    Must say I'm a bit annoyed Samsung comes up with a new high-end model in the same size only c. 6 mos after the Pro line became available. I bought my "Pro" only a month ago for $350. Guess it's "obsolete" now, even though the differences in the S model seem very minor. (The reviews of the "Pro" and "S" version read almost the same--they just have different dates.)
    Heck I'm week and half into my Tab Pro. At least you got a month lol

    Posted via Android Central App
  12. #12  

    Default Re: Galaxy Tab S 8.4 VS Galaxy Tab Pro 8.4

    Quote Originally Posted by bbmtna View Post
    Heck I'm week and half into my Tab Pro. At least you got a month lol

    Posted via Android Central App
    I'm buying the Tab S 8.4 as soon as it comes out. I fully expect it to be the BEST
    for at least 2 months. It's Samsung. I'm sure they'll introduce something even better
    by then!!! It seems like Samsung wants us to upgrade every 3 month?
    bbmtna likes this.
  13. #13  
    dwd3885's Avatar

    Posts
    667 Posts
    Global Posts
    671 Global Posts

    Default Re: Galaxy Tab S 8.4 VS Galaxy Tab Pro 8.4

    i bought my Tab Pro 8.4 at launch. Love it. That said, I want to see the new ones.
  14. #14  

    Default Re: Galaxy Tab S 8.4 VS Galaxy Tab Pro 8.4

    Quote Originally Posted by Mephistopheles1 View Post
    From a hands-on review on tech radar: "Samsung took great pains to point out how much better the new display was side by side with an LCD (oddly choosing to lament the colour performance of its very own Galaxy Tab Pro) but it just looked different, not better - it depends on your preference."

    Hands on: Samsung Galaxy Tab S review | Tablets Reviews | TechRadar

    Must say I'm a bit annoyed Samsung comes up with a new high-end model in the same size only c. 6 mos after the Pro line became available. I bought my "Pro" only a month ago for $350. Guess it's "obsolete" now, even though the differences in the S model seem very minor. (The reviews of the "Pro" and "S" version read almost the same--they just have different dates.)
    I like the extra gb of ram.
  15. #15  

    Default Re: Galaxy Tab S 8.4 VS Galaxy Tab Pro 8.4

    Quote Originally Posted by CarrierPigeon View Post
    I'm buying the Tab S 8.4 as soon as it comes out. I fully expect it to be the BEST
    for at least 2 months. It's Samsung. I'm sure they'll introduce something even better
    by then!!! It seems like Samsung wants us to upgrade every 3 month?
    I wish they were so proactive about updating the os's on their already released tablets
    Thanked by:
  16. #16  

    Default Re: Galaxy Tab S 8.4 VS Galaxy Tab Pro 8.4

    Quote Originally Posted by brosko View Post
    I wish they were so proactive about updating the os's on their already released tablets
    they do! the new updates are on the new tablets that they keep releasing every few months!
    brosko likes this.
  17. #17  

    Default Re: Galaxy Tab S 8.4 VS Galaxy Tab Pro 8.4

    I love my Tab Pro 8.4. No negative issues. I only wish I waited and got it for $279 instead of $399 a couple months ago.

    Sent from Frope's G Pro.
  18. #18  

    Default Re: Galaxy Tab S 8.4 VS Galaxy Tab Pro 8.4

    Quote Originally Posted by frope01 View Post
    I love my Tab Pro 8.4. No negative issues. I only wish I waited and got it for $279 instead of $399 a couple months ago.

    Sent from Frope's G Pro.
    Yup, $120 is a big difference. They just threw it out there at $399 to see who would bite.
    Thanked by:
  19. #19  

    Default Re: Galaxy Tab S 8.4 VS Galaxy Tab Pro 8.4

    At 279 the pro is a better buy than the Tab S. I have zero complaints about mine, I was waiting on a good sale and this week was it. Sure, battery life could be better but I knew that going in. I'll trade some battery life for a tablet that is thinner than my Galaxy S5.
  20. #20  
    dwd3885's Avatar

    Posts
    667 Posts
    Global Posts
    671 Global Posts

    Default Re: Galaxy Tab S 8.4 VS Galaxy Tab Pro 8.4

    Ok so I went to Best Buy to look at the new Tab S. I have the Tab Pro 8.4. Long story short, they seem the same to me. I couldn't even tell the screen was any different. So I imagine unless you look side-by-side you won't be able to either. They didn't seem any faster. The Gravity movie pre-loaded was cool to see but it didn't look more amazing than on the Pros.

    The 'S Finder' and 'Quick Connect' buttons are permanantly in the notification area too, next to brightness and sound. While you can remove the brightness and sound sliders, you can't remove the S Finder and Quick Connect buttons.

    All in all, I was pretty excited to look at them, but you really don't need to upgrade at all to the S if you have a Pro. Not at all.
  21. #21  

    Default Re: Galaxy Tab S 8.4 VS Galaxy Tab Pro 8.4

    Quote Originally Posted by frope01 View Post
    I love my Tab Pro 8.4. No negative issues. I only wish I waited and got it for $279 instead of $399 a couple months ago.

    Sent from Frope's G Pro.
    Yup, I am in the same boat as you are.. I came from tte10.1 2014 which was super good, but the Tab Pro 8.4 won with its size.. I travel on two wheels 95% of the time. Size does make a difference.

    Also, I am a week pass my 15 day return window. If WE were in our return window, we would get the refund of the difference. I only paid $349.95 + tax for mine.. I heard the Tab S had 3.0 too..
    The Tab Pro is doing its job.. Will stay here until they come with a 8.5 with 4gb ram, amold, and 128 sd support..

    Samsung Galaxy Note 4/32gb/Black/128gb SD Card (Batman)
    Samsung Galaxy Tab Pro 8.4/16gb/Black/64gb SD Card
    Samsung Galaxy Gear S Black(Robin)

    Sony MDR 1RBTMK2
    Harman Kardon BT
    74, old, dirty and fast!!
    Thanked by:
  22. #22  

    Default Re: Galaxy Tab S 8.4 VS Galaxy Tab Pro 8.4

    It is a great tablet but i have a Galaxy Tab Pro 8.4 and it is great and very happy with it but with the same specs and extra GB of RAM(3GB) and a Super AMOLED display on the new Samsung Galaxy Tab S 8.4(is a great tablet)

    I think it is a hardly a upgrade from my Galaxy Tab Pro 8.4 so i won't be buying the Tab S or a new tablet for a very long time.

    Over a month ago i upgraded from my old Galaxy Tab 2 7 to my Samsung Galaxy Tab Pro 8.4, now that's a big upgrade!
  23. #23  

    Default Re: Galaxy Tab S 8.4 VS Galaxy Tab Pro 8.4

    Quote Originally Posted by frope01 View Post
    I love my Tab Pro 8.4. No negative issues. I only wish I waited and got it for $279 instead of $399 a couple months ago.

    Sent from Frope's G Pro.
    Perhaps I should wait for Samsung to release a new Note 8.0 tablet with SuperAMOLED in September/Ocboer. By then the Tab S 8.4 will be on sale for $279.
    Thanked by:
  24. #24  

    Default Re: Galaxy Tab S 8.4 VS Galaxy Tab Pro 8.4

    tab pro 8.4 is 249 instore now
  25. #25  

    Default Re: Galaxy Tab S 8.4 VS Galaxy Tab Pro 8.4

    Quote Originally Posted by tmacgarris6727 View Post
    tab pro 8.4 is 249 instore now
    which store has it for $249?

    Thanks!
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Chromecast bug on Galaxy Tab 4 10.1
    By John Wiskowski in forum Samsung Galaxy Tab4 10.1
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 09-08-2014, 01:33 PM
  2. Help needed - swapping from iphone 5 to galaxy s4
    By mikeyboy80 in forum Samsung Galaxy S4
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 06-17-2014, 07:15 AM
  3. No galaxy note 4 forum?!
    By xxx420 in forum Ask a Question
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 06-14-2014, 07:30 PM
  4. Samsung Galaxy Grand Vibrating issue
    By AC Question in forum Ask a Question
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 06-14-2014, 11:40 AM
  5. Galaxy S3 won't sync
    By AC Question in forum Ask a Question
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 06-14-2014, 11:16 AM

Posting Permissions