"unfortunately the process Com.android system ui has stopped"=Chromecast

gerrya

May 22, 2013
Visit site
Just got my Tab last weekend and I get this message after using Chromecast everytime after watching a few youtube videos. Saw a post over on XDA about it that its happening to others, so I wrote Samsung Tech Support. Got the usual canned answer, but at least they get another complaint about it.
"Your tab doesn't support Chrome cast. We do not have any tested information with the third party accessories. In order to isolate the issue with the tab, please perform the hard reset on the device. Performing a hard data reset will clear the tablet’s memory and put the device back to the original factory default state."

danceafterdark

Jun 25, 2014
Visit site
I have exactly the same problem. I routinely use Hulu, Netflix, and YouTube along with my Chromecast. I've noticed that, for me, only the YouTube app causes this problem. Hulu and Netflix cast just fine. Also, it seems to happen more frequently when I've loaded videos into the YouTube app's TV Queue. (It could just be that I notice it more when managing the TV Queue because that's when I'm actively using the tablet. Otherwise I lock it, set it down, and watch the videos. I've only unlocked it once to find that the process had stopped.)

I've got a Galaxy Tab 2 8.0" running 4.4.2. I haven't been able to duplicate the issue with my Galaxy S4, so I try to remember to use that when I'm casting YouTube videos.

When it does happen on the tablet, my only option is to reboot. I've tried factory reset three times, which means I'm re-downloading the YouTube and Chromecast apps each time.

Someone in another thread on this forum mentioned that process com.android.system.ui relates to the notification bar. Thinking back to the last two times it crashed, I was swiping down to get to my notifications. Before that, I couldn't say for certain. Not sure if that's related.

Michael Rosefield

Jul 9, 2014
Visit site
Just checking in to say I have the same issue with an LG v500 (the 8.3" tab), and as someone else mentioned it does seem to be related to Youtube and the notifications bar.

66racer

Aug 12, 2010
Visit site
I just got my tab pro last weekend and sucks I get the same error too. Haven't tried Netflix yet but never had issues with my note 2 but that's on cm11

shanghaichica

Aug 17, 2013
Visit site
I have the same with my tab pro 10.1. I'm not to fussed as it works with everything else like Netflix and YouTube. If I want to cast Google play content I can use my S5 or Nexus 7.

Posted from my S5

May 20, 2014
Visit site
Search on google for "YouTube crash fix Xposed". Follow the link to XDA and install the fix. It will fix your problem as it did on my Tab Pro 8.4, or download the update from SamMobile.

kassdog

Apr 21, 2013
Visit site
Is the fix from Samsung or a third party been having this problem since I got the Chromecast.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

gerrya

May 22, 2013
Visit site
I got a system update this morning on my Samsung Galaxy tab pro 8.4 and I have not experienced a crash using Chromecast, and I've been trying to get it to crash by pulling down the status bar.

lylle80

Apr 26, 2015
Visit site
It was happening on my Galaxy Tab 4 when I was trying to watch HBO GO through Chromecast. I tried this process and it worked:

1. Settings
2. Application Manager
3. All
4. System UI
5. Click "Clear Cache"

lylle80

Apr 26, 2015
Visit site
It was happening on my Galaxy Tab 4 while I was trying to watch HBO GO through Chromecast. I tried this process and it fixed it.

1. Settings
2. Application Manager
3. All
4. System UI
5. Clear Cache

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Landers2