Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    12 Global Posts

Default Which browser: Internet or Chrome?

I am asking this question as I am confused which one is better. By the way, is it possible to sync chrome bookmarks onto Samsung's Internet browser?

Default Re: Which browser: Internet or Chrome?

The stock Internet Browser on devices is usually much leaner than Chrome--it takes up less storage space, and usually uses less RAM when in use. I've usually found stock Browsers to be just as fast as Chrome, so given the choice, I would usually go with the stock Browser. They typically allow you to sync Chrome Bookmarks as well. Go to Settings>Accounts-Google>[your Google account]​, and make sure "Browser" or "Internet" is checked.

There is another option. I use Firefox on my PC, and just downloaded the mobile version for use on the tablet. Works fine. I also expect my privacy will be compromised less using Firefox on this device than browsers developed by Google or Samsung.

I use Chrome on my tab pro 8.4 and on my galaxy s3, I use dolphin browser. Force of habit I guess

I like the stock browser, I think it is more feature rich than chrome and more customizable.

I've found stock browser to be fastest.