Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Terrible battery life and charging

I've had the tab pro 8.4 for a solid month now and my battery life and charging have consistently been bad. I've never seen it hit 100%. I charged it for 18 hours from 3% the night before last and when I booted it up it was 99% and after 10 minutes it was already at 95%. I'm upset right now because I've been using this morning and it went from 45% to 5% in less than 2 hours when I'm just browsing reddit and have Pandora playing through Bluetooth. I saw the thread someone posted about having great battery life and their usage chart looked much different than mine. What do you think? Should I return it?

Default Re: Terrible battery life and charging

It may not be bad battery life but only a bug related to misreporting of battery level. See posts in the thread about battery won't charge without rebooting.

I seem to be having similar issues but need to collect more data first to determine wherein the problem really lies. Would be interested to see how many hours of use you get at your current 5% reported level.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Terrible battery life and charging-screenshot_2014-06-25-11-54-38.jpgTerrible battery life and charging-screenshot_2014-06-25-11-55-54.jpg

Theres always going to be people getting 15+ hours on a single charge. You have to do a lot of disabling this or that, which isn't the typical results for the average person. I never keep my display brightness at full (usually 1/5 brightness). I get a good day's worth, but I always charge my device at night anways.

Quote Originally Posted by Mrharvey View Post
    I've had the tab pro 8.4 for a solid month now and my battery life and charging have consistently been bad. I've never seen it hit 100%. I charged it for 18 hours from 3% the night before last and when I booted it up it was 99% and after 10 minutes it was already at 95%.
    Do you have power saving mode turned on? If so, I'd suggest turning it off and seeing if reported lower levels are more as expected, e.g. seeing if you can hit 100%. My preliminary tests are suggesting there may be a bug associated with power saving mode.