Power Saving Mode not saving power

Apr 30, 2014
Visit site
I have no problem getting to 100% charge if power saving mode is turned OFF, but if power saving mode is turned on I can charge for six hours and the level only changes from, e.g., 74% to 87%. My charging level also seems to drop faster when power saving mode is turned on. Basically, power saving mode seems to be doing the reverse of what its name implies.

Anyone else noticing odd behavior under power saving mode?

mpayne2k

May 5, 2013
Visit site
I have yet to see the difference between regular mode and power saving mode. I recently gave up trying to stretch the battery life on my Pro as it seemed I was obsessing over the battery life more than just using the tab. I'm lucky to get 5 to 6 hours of use on this thing (screen on time). I have noticed the tab charges quicker when power saving mode is off. I'm going to just stop worrying about the battery and put it on the charger if really needed.

brosko

Nov 30, 2013
Visit site
I have yet to see the difference between regular mode and power saving mode. I recently gave up trying to stretch the battery life on my Pro as it seemed I was obsessing over the battery life more than just using the tab. I'm lucky to get 5 to 6 hours of use on this thing (screen on time). I have noticed the tab charges quicker when power saving mode is off. I'm going to just stop worrying about the battery and put it on the charger if really needed.

The thing that sucks about samsung tabs is the lack of wireless charging. With wireless charging the short battery life would never even be noticable. Everytime you put your tablet down you simply put it on the charging plate and it charges every second it's not in use. That one reason is what is stopping me from getting one of the new samsung tablets. I'm waiting for the nexus 8.

storino03

May 31, 2010
Visit site
yeah, waiting is nice, but the missed opportunities of other devices (sale prices, actual use) is lost by waiting for the next big thing that is probably months away yet. By then, my Tab Pro 8.4 will be over 8 months old.

storino03

May 31, 2010
Visit site
Then you have your answer. I don't see why people complain about a device, then say that wish it had this or that feature, and want to wait until X device comes out. It's all up to you.

I'd say power save mode (on this tablet) only saves you 30min to an hour of battery life.

brosko

Nov 30, 2013
Visit site
Not complaining about anything, just saying that's one of the things that is lacking in Samsung's tablets. I was just stating a fact.