Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  
    Allergic to Stupid

Global Posts
    691 Global Posts

Default Case for reading?

Does anyone know of a case for the GTP 8.4 that hold it propped up in Portrait mode? I read a lot more than I would ever watch movies on such a small screen. It would be nice to have a case that actually holds it propped in the orientation is was obviously intended to be used in.

I hold my Tab 8.4" by hand most of the time or place a small object under the top end to prop it up. I have a small juggling ball I picked up free at some convention and it works perfectly when I want to use it. I prefer a thin light case rather than a larger heavier one that would allow the Tab to rotate to a portrait position.

Sent from my SM-T320 using Tapatalk
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  
    Allergic to Stupid

Global Posts
    691 Global Posts

Default Re: Case for reading?

Yeah, I prefer a thin, light case, too. I'm just hoping to find a thin, light case that has a kickstand or something...

Ok, I can't read the fonts on Web pages I view on this tablet. There isn't an option for controlling zoom, or not controlling, as is on HTC devices AND he fonts don't reacale anyway so it is a wasted purchase AND a mistake, on my part. I'm now holding out for an update or that new Nexus 9 from HTC, in the fall. I don't think that Koreans and the Taiwanese work well at all so no FRAND agreement is in the future. Money always trumps services, also.

Posted via Android Central App
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  
    Allergic to Stupid

Global Posts
    691 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by taronba25 View Post
    Ok, I can't read the fonts on Web pages I view on this tablet. There isn't an option for controlling zoom, or not controlling, as is on HTC devices AND he fonts don't reacale anyway so it is a wasted purchase AND a mistake, on my part. I'm now holding out for an update or that new Nexus 9 from HTC, in the fall. I don't think that Koreans and the Taiwanese work well at all so no FRAND agreement is in the future. Money always trumps services, also.

Posted via Android Central App
    I use the Internet browser (not Chrome) on mine, and I pinch-to-zoom to expand pages all the time - which definitely makes the font bigger or smaller.

That said, there are websites that automatically redirect me to a "mobile" version of their site, and a lot of those can't be resized. But, they almost always have a "Full site" link at the bottom. I click to go to the full site and then I'm back to being able to pinch-to-zoom.

Quote Originally Posted by StuartV View Post
    Yeah, I prefer a thin, light case, too. I'm just hoping to find a thin, light case that has a kickstand or something...
    I bought the moko case on Amazon. It allows you to rotate the tab and prop it up in portrait or landscape modes.

Cheers,
    Rich
    Thanked by: