Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
07-03-2014 01:20 PM
5 replies
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Thumbs up What do you primarily use your Tab Pro 8.4 for?

Right now, it's mainly Netflix and Youtube. The web browsing on this thing is very competent (moreso than my 2012 Kindle Fire HD 7").

I wish you could multitask while watching Netflix (or really any video app, besides Youtube), but that's just wishful thinking on a stock, non-rooted device.

Update: 8/3/14-

Just rooted my device on the NG1 update (newest so far) and now I can watch Netflix and surf the net at the same time. Hulu Plus doesn't work. Acts like it is in full screen video despite the split window app.

Global Posts
    30 Global Posts

Default Re: What do you primarily use your Tab Pro 8.4 for?

I have had mine for three weeks now. I have used it for some gaming, Netflix and downloaded TV shows when on the go, but I'm really enjoying using it as a fitness tracker. I'm starting to watch what I eat and there are some good apps out there to track daily workouts and calorie intake. My only gripe is the Pro's HD display and the fact that most apps for fitness are designed for phones.
    Allergic to Stupid

Global Posts
    757 Global Posts

Mine is mainly for email, surfing the Web, reading Internet forums, viewing my calendar, reading books (Kindle) and magazines (Zinio), and Facebook. I also use it for text messaging, when I happen to want to send or read messages when I'm already holding my tablet. Oh, and for Google Maps. I take it everywhere and usually have my hotspot on my phone turned on, so my tab has Internet access when I'm out and about. I love that it fits in the pocket of my cargo shorts and also will fit in my back pocket of my jeans.

If I were flying somewhere and wanted in-flight entertainment, I would most likely use my Note 10.1 for that. That screen is barely adequate size-wise for watching movies. I probably wouldn't want to watch movies on the 8.4 (though I haven't actually tried it yet).

Global Posts
    30 Global Posts

I watch movies on the 8.4. I use MXPlayer and I crop the image to full which only cuts a small portion off the left and right but the video is as big as it would be on the iPad air. The contrast is very nice on this tab and the video looks much crisper than a Nexus 7.

Reading e-mails
    Surfing the web (much nicer with the bigger screen than on my Nexus 7 (2013)
    Reading my newspapers
    Reading e-books
    Streaming music to my Bluetooth speaker

Ide say 50-50 work play. Email, troubleshooting apps, I have equipment that requires an app interface to display readings, tons of youtube, mobile forms, note taking, in truck navigation, payment processing, scheduling, video conferencing, then gaming apps.