Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  
    Allergic to Stupid

Global Posts
    691 Global Posts

Default New build (NG1) today

I happened to do a check for updates this morning and found an update available. I installed it expecting to go from ND3 to NE3, but instead found that it took me to NG1. The only note with it said this build includes "Kid's mode" (or Child mode? I can't remember).

I posted a screen shot over here:

NG1 this morning | Galaxy Tab Pro | XDA Forum

Global Posts
    25,364 Global Posts
    ROM
    SlimKat

Default Re: New build (NG1) today

It's good that they are still paying attention to the device. Does the update change the version of Android?

What could not be changed, must be endured - New Spring, by Robert Jordan

Community Guidelines and also here, Developer Rules, and Marketplace
    Mobile Nations Sister Forums: iMore/Connectedly/Windows Central/Crackberry
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  
    Allergic to Stupid

Global Posts
    691 Global Posts

Screen shot shows 4.4.2.

please tell me the fixed the charging issue!!
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  
    Allergic to Stupid

Global Posts
    691 Global Posts

What charging issue? The only issue I've had has been with some chargers it seems to charge pretty slowly.

I just installed the update this morning and I charged the tab last night, so I won't have to charge it again for a couple of days.

There are times when the tab will just pause charging. Like it will be stuck at 60% or whatever no matter how long you leave it plugged in. This occurs on the OEM charger as well. I believe it's a SW issue. See the top 2 threads below for more info.
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  
    Allergic to Stupid

Global Posts
    691 Global Posts

I read the threads. Maybe I have been having this problem and just didn't realize it. I have had a few times where I took it off the charger and noticed it wasn't fully charged even though I thought it had been on long enough. Anyway, I don't know whether NG1 fixes this or not. I've been on battery for 22 hours and I'm still at 65%. It will probably be Wednesday before I get low enough to charge up again. I don't like to top up unnecessarily. I don't think it's good for the battery.

It took me months to realize it was a real issue. There were times I had the tab plugged in for what I thought for hours and didn't realize the battery didn't really charge. Once I noticed it, it started occurring pretty frequently.

Quote Originally Posted by StuartV View Post
    I read the threads. Maybe I have been having this problem and just didn't realize it. I have had a few times where I took it off the charger and noticed it wasn't fully charged even though I thought it had been on long enough. Anyway, I don't know whether NG1 fixes this or not. I've been on battery for 22 hours and I'm still at 65%. It will probably be Wednesday before I get low enough to charge up again. I don't like to top up unnecessarily. I don't think it's good for the battery.

Quote Originally Posted by stan23 View Post
    please tell me the fixed the charging issue!!
    It didn't. In fact it's worse. Was on the charger all morning stuck at 74%. Rebooted and now it reports 60%.

I only got one update and haven't gotten the last two yet O_o

Well, went to update in the settings menu and it's now downloading the newest update at 133MB. For those are are behind a few updates, it doesn't go in order, it just updates to the latest build as it has the previous bugs/fixes already.

Having random soft resets. T_T
  13. Thread Author  Thread Author    #13  
    Allergic to Stupid

Global Posts
    691 Global Posts

Mine is working fine. I finally needed to charge it yesterday. That's the first charge since updating to NG1. It charged just fine using a non-OEM charger and non-OEM cable. Went from 3% to 100% in 2 or 3 hours.

Mine seems to be working fine now. The first night it rebooted a few times randomly. Nothing but smooth sailing now. I rooted my device (CF Auto Root) and it was quite easy. Now I can watch Netflix and surf the internet at the same time

Not sure if there was a change log with this latest update, but the one thing I notice is that when it sleeps now, it loses almost nothing. So thats one improvement.