New build (NG1) today

StuartV

Allergic to Stupid
Jul 29, 2010
Visit site
I happened to do a check for updates this morning and found an update available. I installed it expecting to go from ND3 to NE3, but instead found that it took me to NG1. The only note with it said this build includes "Kid's mode" (or Child mode? I can't remember).

I posted a screen shot over here:

NG1 this morning | Galaxy Tab Pro | XDA Forum

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
It's good that they are still paying attention to the device. Does the update change the version of Android?

StuartV

Allergic to Stupid
Jul 29, 2010
Visit site
What charging issue? The only issue I've had has been with some chargers it seems to charge pretty slowly.

I just installed the update this morning and I charged the tab last night, so I won't have to charge it again for a couple of days.

stan23

Oct 8, 2013
Visit site
There are times when the tab will just pause charging. Like it will be stuck at 60% or whatever no matter how long you leave it plugged in. This occurs on the OEM charger as well. I believe it's a SW issue. See the top 2 threads below for more info.

StuartV

Allergic to Stupid
Jul 29, 2010
Visit site
I read the threads. Maybe I have been having this problem and just didn't realize it. I have had a few times where I took it off the charger and noticed it wasn't fully charged even though I thought it had been on long enough. Anyway, I don't know whether NG1 fixes this or not. I've been on battery for 22 hours and I'm still at 65%. It will probably be Wednesday before I get low enough to charge up again. I don't like to top up unnecessarily. I don't think it's good for the battery.

stan23

Oct 8, 2013
Visit site
It took me months to realize it was a real issue. There were times I had the tab plugged in for what I thought for hours and didn't realize the battery didn't really charge. Once I noticed it, it started occurring pretty frequently.

I read the threads. Maybe I have been having this problem and just didn't realize it. I have had a few times where I took it off the charger and noticed it wasn't fully charged even though I thought it had been on long enough. Anyway, I don't know whether NG1 fixes this or not. I've been on battery for 22 hours and I'm still at 65%. It will probably be Wednesday before I get low enough to charge up again. I don't like to top up unnecessarily. I don't think it's good for the battery.

storino03

May 31, 2010
Visit site
Well, went to update in the settings menu and it's now downloading the newest update at 133MB. For those are are behind a few updates, it doesn't go in order, it just updates to the latest build as it has the previous bugs/fixes already.

StuartV

Allergic to Stupid
Jul 29, 2010
Visit site
Mine is working fine. I finally needed to charge it yesterday. That's the first charge since updating to NG1. It charged just fine using a non-OEM charger and non-OEM cable. Went from 3% to 100% in 2 or 3 hours.

storino03

May 31, 2010
Visit site
Mine seems to be working fine now. The first night it rebooted a few times randomly. Nothing but smooth sailing now. I rooted my device (CF Auto Root) and it was quite easy. Now I can watch Netflix and surf the internet at the same time :)

gerrya

May 22, 2013
Visit site
Not sure if there was a change log with this latest update, but the one thing I notice is that when it sleeps now, it loses almost nothing. So thats one improvement.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nayminthuyain888