Help Me Decide... Is there a benefit to getting the 8.4?

jlacck

Aug 6, 2014
Visit site
I've been putting off purchasing a tablet that I want to use mainly for just surfing the web, playing some games, reading some online magazines etc (you know, fun stuff). The thing is, I already have a Galaxy Note 2 (which I use primarily as a business device as well as a leisure device). I like the Note 2 a lot. In fact the reason I haven't upgraded to a newer phone is because I haven't seen any major "leaps" in OS functionality or applications that warrant the jump (especially considering the price of newer phones).

However, I came across the 8.4 the other day and I really love its form factor. In fact, I was strongly considering an Apple Ipad mini retina since I thought I should get a tablet that had a different "system" than my Note 2 and my Windows tablet. However, my question is, from a practical standpoint, what can the 8.4 give me (besides a bigger screen and IR blaster capabilities) that the Note 2 can't? One thing I'm concerned about is having redundancy with devices that are pretty much the same thing (Note 2, Pro 8.4).

So my question is, what advantages, functionality, or offerings does the Pro 8.4 give me that I can't possibly get with my Note 2, or with a cheaper galaxy tablet. Anyone care to chime in on some things they could achieve with the 8.4 they you couldn't do on another device?

NomusaMagic

Jul 10, 2014
Visit site
I've been putting off purchasing a tablet that I want to use mainly for just surfing the web, playing some games, reading some online magazines etc (you know, fun stuff). The thing is, I already have a Galaxy Note 2 (which I use primarily as a business device as well as a leisure device). I like the Note 2 a lot. In fact the reason I haven't upgraded to a newer phone is because I haven't seen any major "leaps" in OS functionality or applications that warrant the jump (especially considering the price of newer phones).

However, I came across the 8.4 the other day and I really love its form factor. In fact, I was strongly considering an Apple Ipad mini retina since I thought I should get a tablet that had a different "system" than my Note 2 and my Windows tablet. However, my question is, from a practical standpoint, what can the 8.4 give me (besides a bigger screen and IR blaster capabilities) that the Note 2 can't? One thing I'm concerned about is having redundancy with devices that are pretty much the same thing (Note 2, Pro 8.4).

So my question is, what advantages, functionality, or offerings does the Pro 8.4 give me that I can't possibly get with my Note 2, or with a cheaper galaxy tablet. Anyone care to chime in on some things they could achieve with the 8.4 they you couldn't do on another device?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
axool