Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

I was wondering if some of you could share some information about the time it takes to charge your device, to check whether I have a problem or not.

The tablet has been plugged for more than two hours now and my battery went from 1% to 35%. I'm using a 2A charger.

Thanks for the help!

Posted via Android Central App

Default Re: Charging time

My nexus 7 2013 and nexus 4 takes a little over 3 hours to charge from 10% to full charge using 1.5A charger. Which tablet are you using?
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Quote Originally Posted by hisanoah View Post
    My nexus 7 2013 and nexus 4 takes a little over 3 hours to charge from 10% to full charge using 1.5A charger. Which tablet are you using?
    Thanks for the info. I'm using a galaxy tab pro 8.4. I'm much slower than you are, although I'm not sure about the respective battery capacities.

Quote Originally Posted by ysbg View Post
    Thanks for the info. I'm using a galaxy tab pro 8.4. I'm much slower than you are, although I'm not sure about the respective battery capacities.

Do you use 'a' 2A charger or 'the' 2A charger? Only the original charger charges my tab pro 8.4 fast, none of the many other chargers does. With the OEM charger, I think I charge about 50% in 2h.
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Thanks! Unfortunately I don't have the OEM charger anymore, so that could be a reason. I'll see if I can purchase another one somehow.

Quote Originally Posted by hello_world_c View Post
    Do you use 'a' 2A charger or 'the' 2A charger? Only the original charger charges my tab pro 8.4 fast, none of the many other chargers does. With the OEM charger, I think I charge about 50% in 2h.

the OEM charger is 5.3V ---2A
    You might have the battery issue a lot of people with the pro 8.4 have. I've been dealing with it for last few days and its very aggravating. I've tried many 'fixes' and am living with a 2-4 hour charge time depending on the occurrence. Sometime I have to reboot or reconnect charger for it to start charging again. It used to charge in an hour or less from 15% to 100%. I've used a 1.5 before but it does take a little longer, and with those now, it takes 8+ hours.. One time it took 16hours

I used to love this tablet, now it's a ball and chain.