How do I access files on my PC via LAN?

Sep 11, 2014
Visit site
How to access files on PC via LAN

Hi everyone, I'm new to this site, but I've been a lurker for a while. I've had few tablets in my past but the pro 8.4 is my current work horse. I've been very satisfied, a side from the battery charging issue which I believe I have somewhat overcome by resetting constantly.

My question is, is there a built in ability to view and edit files on a home network? I have a desktop and a laptop on a home network. On my LG Optimus phone I can do this with a built in app. Anything like this for the pro 8.4.. I'm not looking for remote access or that screen share thing. I want to access a shared folder like the two computer can. Any advice on how to do this?

I'm not technical enough to really understand what I'm doing, but i am technical enough to set up and maintain my home network. Plus I'm very busy and don't have time to research this. I Figured you bright individuals can help out with ideas off the top of your heads.

Posted via the Android Central App

Sep 11, 2014
Visit site
Re: How to access files on PC via LAN

Thanks for the help. I was able to find both the laptop and desktop on my Galaxy with ES3.

I still cannot access my desktop folder (or main user folder) on either machine though. I can get to the guest and public folders in each PC under: Users, but I cannot get into my admin user on either machine. It doesn't even show up under users. I've disabled firewalls, nothing is password protected, and I'm sharing fine between the two computers. Am I missing something here?

thanks for your time, much appreciated.

psyde22

Sep 22, 2014
Visit site
Re: How to access files on PC via LAN

If you're into syncing, on a schedule, check something like folder sync too, it has bidirectional conditioning , includes cloud cyber storages, I use it for whenever I like to keep the folder structure.. ES is the golden standard however.

Posted via the Android Central App