Recommended widgets?

WillysJeepMan

Mar 21, 2011
Visit site
Greetings. I recently picked up a GTab Pro 8.4 from Best Buy (couldn't resist the clearance price of $250). So far I'm very impressed with this device. I'm looking to really personalize this thing (I have an iPad 4 that is currently my primary tablet but looking to replace it with this GTab).

What are some widgets that you recommend for this (actually, any) tablet? Do you have any screenshots of your homescreens that might provide myself (and others) with some ideas?

thanks! I look forward to your suggestions.

Gekko

Banned
May 15, 2010
Visit site
1. Fancy Widgets - Weather Clock Widget with H7C Clock Skin
2. Jorte - Month Calendar 4x4 (or 4x5) Monthly View Widget
3. eWeather HD - 12 Hourly Weather Forecast Widget
4. Volume Control Widget by Adam Wolfe Gordon
5. Android Stock Power Control Widget (WIFI, BT, GPS, etc.)
6. Nova Launcher Prime
7. Calendar Status PRO

WillysJeepMan

Mar 21, 2011
Visit site
Thanks Gekko! I've used Nova Launcher on my Kindle Fire HD and Nook HD and find it to be a terrific launcher. Wouldn't I lose the multi-window ability on the GTab if I use Nova?

Do you have any recommendations for RSS or News widgets?

Civuck

Apr 13, 2014
Visit site
SeriesGuide is a fantastic app with a handy widget for tracking your favourite TV shows and listing upcoming new episodes with dates and times.

WillysJeepMan

Mar 21, 2011
Visit site
Ok. Looks like not ALL apps can be used with multi-window... bummer. It also looks like the Magazine UX is pretty much dead. No additional MagUX widgets. I happen to like Microsoft's live tiles UI and thought that I could get the MagUX to act similarly.Those two deficiencies makes TouchWiz less important to me. I may go back to my old standby launcher, Nova.

I'll give some of these suggestions a try as I think they'll work better with Nova than TouchWiz.

psyde22

Sep 22, 2014
Visit site
Tagy, if you re into tag clouds for bookmarks/apps/contacts/etc, you can customise spexidic tags to appear or the most often used ones, etc.i really like it, the tab pro 8.4 ofgers quite a few indexing options. . I too deoppes an ipad4 for this guy, much more power & multi windows you wont regret it if you were a jailbreak afficionado too

Posted via the Android Central App

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cloudsofmana