logitech keyboard with pro 8.4

Mathrin

Nov 9, 2012
Visit site
I just picked up a new Galaxy Tab Pro 8.4 and can't seem to get my Logitech Tablet Keyboard to connect to it. Any suggestions?

Picture attached of keyboard.

Posted via the Android Central App

Attachments

• 20141110_164609.jpg
    20141110_164609.jpg
    46.9 KB · Views: 8

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Is that a Bluetooth keyboard or a 2.4 GHz wireless keyboard? The latter won't work with a mobile device, unless you can plug the USB dongle into an OTG adapter (and I'm still not sure that would work). If it's Bluetooth, I wonder if it might still not be compatible, since it looks like it's designed for Windows.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Apologies if you've done this already:

1. On the tablet, go to Settings>Bluetooth, turn it on, then tap Scan for Devices.
2. Turn the keyboard on, the press the Connect button, if available (usually on the underside).
3. Sometimes you have to wait upwards of 10 seconds or so, especially if this is the first time you paired them.

What's the exact model of the keyboard? Have you checked the specs to make sure it's compatible with any device via Bluetooth?

Edit: Never mind, I think it's this one: https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...rd-android-win8-rt%3Fcrid%3D26&token=CLxqDOir

Mathrin

Nov 9, 2012
Visit site
That looks like the keyboard that I have. I picked it up from Best Buy so not 100% sure of the exact model (there are at least two with an Apple specific one as well). I have followed the pairing instructions above along with trying to turn the Bluetooth on the tablet on and off and the Keyboard power on and off. Haven't had any luck yet.

Also, no need for apologies. As with all technical type questions, need to start with the basics and go from there.

Mathrin

Nov 9, 2012
Visit site
I got it to work with my tablet now. I wasn't holding down the connect button long enough for the pairing to start with the keyboard. I noticed it when I was looking through the pairing instructions again.

Posted via the Android Central App