BestBuy Black Friday $199.00

gtt1

Dec 21, 2012
Visit site
BB is showing this tablet as a sale item for $199.99 from Nov 27-29th

Anyone who purchased in the past week should be able to get this price match.

Mathrin

Nov 9, 2012
Visit site
That is good to know seeing as I just picked mine up.

Where are you seeing the price so I can take that with me when I go back to Best Buy?

Posted via the Android Central App

codeda

Jan 28, 2012
Visit site
That is good to know seeing as I just picked mine up.

Where are you seeing the price so I can take that with me when I go back to Best Buy?

It's on the best buy black Friday ad. Just released today.

gtt1

Dec 21, 2012
Visit site
I checked and they don't price match Black Friday deals so the only way to get the $50. back is to buy another unit then return it with your $249. bill. Certainly worthwhile as I think the BF deal with clear out inventory so chance of getting a legit price match will beslim.

cwmont13

Oct 21, 2011
Visit site
Just grabbed one in store this morning. At 199.00 I couldn't pass it up. So far liking it a lot. I was ready to go for the Tab S but I couldn't justify the price difference with the Pro being on sale.

From the DeathStar using my rooted LG G2

aokusman

May 17, 2013
Visit site
Just grabbed one in store this morning. At 199.00 I couldn't pass it up. So far liking it a lot. I was ready to go for the Tab S but I couldn't justify the price difference with the Pro being on sale.

I went to staples to get the tab s for $300 but they had none in stock. Went to bestbuy and the tab s was$350. Saw the pro for 200 and grabbed it. Nice tablet. I'm returning my iPad mini 3.

Billy95Tech

Apr 10, 2014
Visit site
What a great deal! For under 200 dollers, euros, pounds is for one the best Android tablets Samsung Galaxy Tab Pro 8.4 is a steal, still take Tab Pro over the Tab S any day.

Considering i bought the Tab Pro 8.4 for 280 Euros on Amazon.fr back in May, it was worth every penny. :)

Samsung Galaxy Tab Pro 8.4 is still a beast and a powerhouse of a tablet and still one of the best 8 inch Android tablets along side Samsung Galaxy Tab S 8.4 and the Nexus 9 out there.
And is future proof for the next 2/3 years i think. :)

stuman74

Nov 26, 2014
Visit site
I just bought one of these yesterday from BB for the $200 deal. Very nice device! Coming from using an iPad Mini 2 and an Asus MeMO 7", I'm hoping to have this replace both, but I have a couple concerns.

1.) Does the battery suck on this? I fully charged it and used it for 40 minutes and the battery went from 100 to 88%. Right now with additional relatively light use, I'm down to 72%. Seems to be pacing only 4-5 hours tops.
2.) Is there a way to disable the capacitive buttons to the left and right of the home button? When in landscape mode, I am inadvertently bumping them from time to time.

The speed seems great and the screen is gorgeous! Easy to hold in hand. My favorite feature is probably the multiple profiles for me and my kids to use.

cwmont13

Oct 21, 2011
Visit site
stuman74

According to reviews of the tab pro 8.4, battery life isn't one of its strong points. That said in every other category it's a great device. If you're used to iPad type battery life you'll probably be unable to achieve that using the Tab Pro.

With my usage it's not an issue as I charge all my devices nightly anyways. Plus I always have access to charge (albeit slowly) when in the car and carry an extra wall charger too.

IMO you'll have to use it for a few days and see if you can live with the battery usage. The salesperson at BB when I got mine said he'd had a few people return them because of the shorter battery life. Overall at 200 bucks I can live with the battery.

Right now I'm at 4hr 37 minutes on battery with 91% left and about 50 minutes of screen on time. Usage has been mostly email, forum browsing, and about 20 minutes of Netflix watching.

stuman74

Nov 26, 2014
Visit site
stuman74

According to reviews of the tab pro 8.4, battery life isn't one of its strong points. That said in every other category it's a great device. If you're used to iPad type battery life you'll probably be unable to achieve that using the Tab Pro.

With my usage it's not an issue as I charge all my devices nightly anyways. Plus I always have access to charge (albeit slowly) when in the car and carry an extra wall charger too.

IMO you'll have to use it for a few days and see if you can live with the battery usage. The salesperson at BB when I got mine said he'd had a few people return them because of the shorter battery life. Overall at 200 bucks I can live with the battery.

Right now I'm at 4hr 37 minutes on battery with 91% left and about 50 minutes of screen on time. Usage has been mostly email, forum browsing, and about 20 minutes of Netflix watching.

Thanks for the detailed reply. Yeah, the battery may be the sticker, but I'll keep trying it out for a bit. Of course now I also see that BB has the 16gb iPad Mini 2 on sale today for $225. So for $25 more, I could get a second Mini 2 and just have the kids share even though there aren't separate profiles (while keeping many of the apps that we have since we all have iPhones as well). We'll see. Darn Black Friday presents too many possibilities ;)

cwmont13

Oct 21, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for the detailed reply. Yeah, the battery may be the sticker, but I'll keep trying it out for a bit. Of course now I also see that BB has the 16gb iPad Mini 2 on sale today for $225. So for $25 more, I could get a second Mini 2 and just have the kids share even though there aren't separate profiles (while keeping many of the apps that we have since we all have iPhones as well). We'll see. Darn Black Friday presents too many possibilities ;)

IMO nobody does battery life better than Apple when it comes to tablets. My Wife has an iPad 2 and loves it. I use it occasionally and like it but won't personally own one. I don't like being locked into the Apple sandbox and iTunes. That's a good price they have going on the mini right now. If battery life is really important then it makes sense to possibly get the mini.

Decisions, decisions! Good luck either way you go.

stuman74

Nov 26, 2014
Visit site
I keep trying to become more of an Android user here and there, but the integration in our household of a Mac Mini, 2 MacBooks, 4 iPhones, and 2 iPads makes it tough. I have the kids using a couple of Chromebooks, while not Android, so they can use many of the Google services. This Samsung tablet is a nice device though (really like the 16:10 8.4" screen!)...but maybe I'll have to wait a while and how Lollipop fares next year and see what options are out there at that time.

I think the couple of things that I need from the Google/Android side to make the possible switch are:
1.) Family sharing of app purchases across accounts (with Apple, I have all iOS devices set for Apps to my account and then individual iCloud/GameCenter accounts). I'm not going to buy a game or GPS app or something for 4 individual user accounts when I can buy it once on iOS.
2) Better battery life on the tablet (or one comparable to this one).
3.) TiVo app to allow for downloaded shows on Android (I know, my specific use, but the iOS version allows this...great for trips!).
4.) Microsoft Office apps (I know there's Docs, Sheets, and Slides, but sometimes looks strange on Android. iOS now has these MS versions available...tried some other free version as well).

cwmont13

Oct 21, 2011
Visit site
I keep trying to become more of an Android user here and there, but the integration in our household of a Mac Mini, 2 MacBooks, 4 iPhones, and 2 iPads makes it tough. I have the kids using a couple of Chromebooks, while not Android, so they can use many of the Google services. This Samsung tablet is a nice device though (really like the 16:10 8.4" screen!)...but maybe I'll have to wait a while and how Lollipop fares next year and see what options are out there at that time.

I think the couple of things that I need from the Google/Android side to make the possible switch are:
1.) Family sharing of app purchases across accounts (with Apple, I have all iOS devices set for Apps to my account and then individual iCloud/GameCenter accounts). I'm not going to buy a game or GPS app or something for 4 individual user accounts when I can buy it once on iOS.
2) Better battery life on the tablet (or one comparable to this one).
3.) TiVo app to allow for downloaded shows on Android (I know, my specific use, but the iOS version allows this...great for trips!).
4.) Microsoft Office apps (I know there's Docs, Sheets, and Slides, but sometimes looks strange on Android. iOS now has these MS versions available...tried some other free version as well).

Reason 1 is a biggie and something android desperately needs. There are a couple work around though. Have a look at these articles. I use my play store account on my Daughter's tab 2 10.1 but purchases require my password so she can't buy anything without asking me. I also have her tab rooted and an ad blocker installed to block most in app purchases. I can also modify the "hosts" file to block sites I don't want her to be on. Ah the joys of rooting !

http://m.androidcentral.com/android-forums-multiple-google-accounts-one-device-google-play

http://rescueroot.com/android/how-to-use-multiple-google-accounts-for-shared-paid-apps/

Number 4 is also sorely needed but I think hell will freeze over before MS and Google get together on that.

BTW I'm at 11 hrs 50 minutes with about 3 hours screen on time and have 78% battery left. That's with no games or music streaming. Just a bit of YouTube and general Web use. So far I'm satisfied.

lancorp

Jun 3, 2013
Visit site
Reason 1 is a biggie and something android desperately needs. There are a couple work around though. Have a look at these articles. I use my play store account on my Daughter's tab 2 10.1 but purchases require my password so she can't buy anything without asking me. I also have her tab rooted and an ad blocker installed to block most in app purchases. I can also modify the "hosts" file to block sites I don't want her to be on. Ah the joys of rooting !

From the Android Forums: Multiple Google accounts on one device for Google Play | Android Central

How to use Multiple Google Accounts for Shared Paid Apps

Number 4 is also sorely needed but I think hell will freeze over before MS and Google get together on that.

BTW I'm at 11 hrs 50 minutes with about 3 hours screen on time and have 78% battery left. That's with no games or music streaming. Just a bit of YouTube and general Web use. So far I'm satisfied.

Office for Android DOES exist. Currently in BETA (I'm a beta tester). Currently have Word, Excel and Powerpoint on my Tab S 8.4.

Tis' chilly in Hell, so the weather reports say! :)

jnow007

Nov 27, 2014
Visit site
Is it likely other retailers will offer it for a better deal or is this the best deal right now available for the 8.4?

I have a question about the memo recorder... I assume the memo recorder is the same on the tablets as well as Note 4?
So if i make a voice memo is there a way to loop it or have it replay over and over without pressing play each time? Or is it possible to add the memo to your music files and if so how?

cwmont13

Oct 21, 2011
Visit site
Office for Android DOES exist. Currently in BETA (I'm a beta tester). Currently have Word, Excel and Powerpoint on my Tab S 8.4.

Tis' chilly in Hell, so the weather reports say! :)

That's good news. I'm a long time MS Office user and will be glad to see it on Android.