Won't read 64gb Flash Drive via OTG cable

nrthwds

Dec 2, 2011
Visit site
My TabPro won't read a 64gb Flash Drive connected with OTG cable. I tried different cables with the same results. It will read a 4gb flash drive via OTG cable but not a 64. Goes through the normal messages when connected and then says "drive is corrupted, reformat".

The 64gb flash drive works on my Note 8.0 and Note 10.1 2014 without any problems. It is not corrupted.

Yesterday I took the tablet to Best Buy and the Tabpro 8.4 and the Tab 4 on display wouldn't read the 64gb but the 8.4 S tablet read it with no problems. It seems that Samsung limited the TabPro's hardware to fuction like a Tab.

Has anyone else found this problem?

ch3mn3y

Oct 29, 2014
Visit site
Maybe try to format your flash drive to different file systems?
Sometimes kernel doesnt support ntfs or exfat

Sent using C6833 - AICP/GreatDevs

nrthwds

Dec 2, 2011
Visit site
The problem is and flash drive (thumb or stick drive) that has my files on it and when I try to download to the tablet it doesn't work. I'm using an OTG cable with the 64gb thumb drive attached inserted into the usb port on the tablet. It connects and then it says that it is corrupted to reformat.

All my other tablets use this same thumb drive with no problem. It is not corrupted.

I took it to Best Buy and there tablet on display did the same thing on the TabPro and the Tab 4., said it was corrutped. These tablets could read a 4gb thumb drive but not the 64gb thumbdrive... I don't have any other thumb drives to try.

The 8.4 S tablet had no problem reading the 64gb drive, it worked fine.

We determined that Tab & TabPros hardware was not able to read 64bg thumb drives. The S was.

Has anyone else had this problem or used a 64gb thumb drive successfully?

nrthwds

Dec 2, 2011
Visit site
Bought a new PNY 64gb flash (thumb) drive from BB and it works on my tabpro 8.4. I am going to reformat the Adata drive and see if the 8.4 will read it then. Still can't understand why my other Samsung tablets can read the Adata and the 8.4 can't.

Arun01

Jan 23, 2011
Visit site
i have a 64gb flash drive & it reads on mine no problem. It has issues reading on my note 2 however but that seems to be a cord issue....go figure.

GarySFP

May 8, 2012
Visit site
i have the same problem with the OTG cable...no actually the phone will recognize that the usb connector has been plugged in but will not read the flash drive. It used to, maybe i'll get another OTG cable and see if it will work. I did get a ikross micro reader and it works fine