Why is my Samsung Galaxy Tab Pro 8.4 very warm to the touch on both back AND front?

SgtSagara

Jan 8, 2015
Visit site
Samsung Galaxy Tab Pro 8.4 very warm to the touch on both back AND front

I've read the thread where others have complained their Samsung Galaxy Tab Pro 8.4 is unusually warm to the touch on the back left. But I have yet to read where anyone has mentioned the front (the actual touch screen) becomes warm as well.

When I run a graphics/processor intense app (like a game such as Dead Trigger 2) my tab becomes very warm on the left on both the back AND the front. So much that I can easily feel the difference in the heat level as I move my finger from side to side on the touch screen. I have no other apps open at the time.

Since the words "warm" and "heat" are relative terms I will try to give a point of comparison. When my tab heats up in this manner its at least as warm as the power box that connects the cord from the power outlet to the usb cable on a laptop. Probably a little warmer actually. The heat is not severe enough that the tab is painful to hold, but it's very pronounced and noticeable.

Is this just the nature of the Galaxy Tab Pro 8.4? Or is mine running too warm?

johna2u

Jan 4, 2012
Visit site
Re: Samsung Galaxy Tab Pro 8.4 very warm to the touch on both back AND front

I think it is just the way it is.

Sent from my SM-T320

SgtSagara

Jan 8, 2015
Visit site

Thanks for your response.

I was hoping to hear from a large number of owners. Anyone else able to comment?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site

Welcome to Android Central! Although I do have experience with my wife's Tab Pro 8.4, I can also give you the perspective from another tablet. My 2013 Nexus 7 can get quite warm when playing Goat Simulator, which is pretty processor-intensive. So what you're experiencing is not that surprising from a general standpoint.

briannamarie91

Mar 3, 2014
Visit site

It happens to my Samsung tablet as well. especially while playing games the back and the screen becomes very warm. I called samsung about it and it's just the way it is. Certain behaviors should yield it being more warm over others. If it's during lots of usage it's normal or while playing a game. If it's getting very hot for no good reason than send it into samsung for repair you are fully covered for a year after purchase

johna2u

Jan 4, 2012
Visit site

I find Mine gets really warm, almost hot at times. I usually Hit the recent apps button to find I have a ton of apps open. I hit close all and the tablet cools right down.

Sent from my SM-T320

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781